It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
cant tell if I'm having contractions

If I were having contractions, would I know it? Apparently I am dialated to two and the only pain I've been feeling is in my back. The doctor wasn't even going to check me because when she asked if I've been having contractions, I told her no. Then today, after drinking my rasberry leaf tea and rubbing my nipples, my back hurts bad. I don't feel actual contracting though and I never have. Is it possible to just have back pains when in labor? I don't think I'm in actual labor, but I'm hoping something is progressing.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: cant tell if I'm having contractions

Yes it is possible. My fiance called the OB/Triage when I was having horrible back pain that started 2 days prior to me giving birth. Sleeping, walking...basically anything hurt all in my back. It felt more of a cramping yet burning feeling that I really had to sit and breath through cuz the pain would take my breath away! I was having NO pain what so ever in the front...it was ALL in my back. Everyone thought I was gonna have back labor and it was something I was truely dreading. That same day just as a precaution we went to the hospital (ob/triage) and sat there for hours and after being monitored they were gonna discharge me since my contractions weren't consistent. Well right when they were getting my papers ready in order for me to be discharged my water broke! LOL* If your feeling pains & think it's something to be concerned about maybe you should go to the hospital just to be sure. I know I wouldn't have gone until my SIL called and told us a freaky story of what her boyfriends sister went through. Her boyfriends sister more or less described the same thing I was feeling and going through. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck and have a healthy delivery!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

The pain is gone now, but I would say it lasted an hour or so, consistently. I'm only 39 weeks and pretty much figured it wasn't actual labor though. I truly hope things are progressing though. I'm hoping to be induced by Thursday so that the father can make it to the delivery.

But yeah, I had to of been having contractions to be dialated to two and the only pain I've ever felt through my pg was in my back. Kind of feels like someone hit you with a bat?

Old 05-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Yup....that's pretty much what it felt like. I was so scared to move in anyway what so ever. It took me forever to get up out of bed and walk to the bathroom. It hurt too much and basically because I just didn't want to because the pain was so intense. When I went into the hospital I was at 2 1/2 cm. and the nurse went to check me and said she could feel my water...couple hours later...the baby was here lol* Sounds like you are getting pretty close and are in that home stretch. I do however truely hope that the father can make it to the delivery. I know how those police academies can be...Good luck and have a healthy and enjoyable delivery.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hi girls. Having had to be induced for my first pregnancy due to preeclampsia, and giving birth in 4 1/2 hours, when I was pregnant the second time my doctor told me that when I went into labor to get my rearend to the hospital right away since I delivered so quickly with the first. Since I was induced I had no idea how labor would feel naturally and started with lower back pain and some stinging of the cervix. I called the doctor when the back pain seemed to increase & was told that I was definitely in labor. !5 minutes later my water broke and I got in the car to the hospital which was 5 minutes away and 5 minutes later she was born Didn't even have time for a hospital gown. Guess the doctor was right

So....back pain is definitely a sign of labor. Good luck.....Goody

Old 05-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
(female)

bacardi73 HB User

I was induced at 42 weeks for my first child. The only pain I had was in my back. I couldn't sleep at all. All I could do was walk around slowly to relieve the pain. I was in labor for over thirty hours by the time they gave me a c-section. I was only four centimetres dialated.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #7

AngelBaby1105 HB User

If you want tips on how to put yourself into labor try walking, bouncing on a ball or the corner of your bed thats what I did I wasnt dialated at all so it didnt work for me but i was told that i does for some women, Massage your ankles there is a pressure point somewhere in that area Im sure exactly were it is but it works for some, or intercourse that broke my friends water and if you are dialated 2 cm bouncing or sex will most likely do the trick!!!! Good Luck

Old 05-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Lynndewald,

Hope you are well, and everything goes well. Its amazing listeining to everyones experience. Im nearly 28 weeks preg and im worried about labour and how will l know and false alarms. I guess l'll be on the board alot more neaere the time. Im due Aug 2nd. Have around 11 weeks left.

Closed Thread