It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

cariswray HB User
Question Sharp shooting pains... any ideas?

hey ladies, I am 33 weeks and on bedrest with PE. During this last week and a half I have been experiencing some really strong sharp pains that shoot down in my lower abdomen. It happens when I get up from sitting, or when I go to the bathroom. I know it isnt a UTI, and I do not think they are contractions. 2 weeks ago my cervix was as closed as closed can be. I am wondering if this is just ligament pain? I am measuring 3 1/2 weeks ahead, so could it be that our little guy is just dropping? Anyone else feel these??? They last for a couple of minutes and basically stop me dead in my tracks. OUCH!

Old 05-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Sharp shooting pains... any ideas?

I get those when I get up too, I call them standing pains! It is worse when I have been in the car, or asleep. But mine only last for a few seconds. Then I have some pain, but it's not that bad. I asked the dr about those and the walking pains (which are basically the same, only i get them when i am walking!) and they said round ligament pain. But since you are on bedrest, (does PE stand for preeclyampisa) you might should call the dr and ask just to make sure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

OK, glad we're talking about this. I am 34 weeks - and I get these too. I'll be walking with somebody at work, and all of the sudden stop with intense pain. It only lasts a second. I also have terrible pelvic pain when walking. I'm not really worried, I just figured this was all normal pains of pregnancy.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

I'm 33 weeks too and have been having sharp pains in my upper abdomen the
last couple of days. It's above my belly botton on the right side only. It hurts
when I stand up, walk and roll over in bed. Has anyone experienced anything
similar? I have an appointment tonight for my last sonogram so I'll tell my
doctor then. I hope it's nothing serious. I've had a very easy pregnancy until
this started.

Closed Thread