It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
weird not to worry?

i know that it's normal to worry about your baby's health issues while pregnant, but it is it normal to be hardly worried? i must admit that the thought of down's syndrome, gestational diabetes, defects, deformities etc...its crossed my mind and i keep telling myself not to worry...it's gotten to the point where i hardly worry. is that normal? anyone else feel this way?

Old 05-11-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
(female)

Sliminside HB User
Re: weird not to worry?

Hi i know what you mean, you think about it now and then but its not something i over worry about, this is my second baby and i`m due to have my first scan this afternoon i`m really excited about seeing my baby, i have refused the test for downs syndrom as i would not abort a child (my choice) so i dont see the point of having any added stress but i am having the AFT test in a few weeks time but i`m worrying about it, hope this puts your mind at ease, your not alone just try and enjoy your pregnancy and remember our parents went through loads of pregnancies without any test or scans and they survived it all.
Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 05:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: weird not to worry?

I feel the same way, and I'm glad you posted this.

We didn't plan this pregnancy, so when I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked. I'm 36 yrs old with a career, hobbies, and the ability to do whatever I want...whenever I want...never had kids before.

I started reading "What to Expect..." and listening to everyone's horror stories about all the things I had to stop doing, eating. etc. I was mad because m/s and all those terrible hormonal things were happenning to my body. I was becoming very depressed and I did NOT want to go through with this.

There came a point (maybe at about 10 or 11 weeks) where I stopped reading pregnancy books, and started ignoring everybody's warnings about how I'm killing the baby because I eat deli meat, I'm growing a fetus without a brain because I drink diet pop, and I shouldn't even let my cat sleep with my anymore or I'll get some bacteria. Oh, and I love the advice from my mom about how I need to be drinking milk for the baby now or the baby won't turn out right...i'm allergic to milk...she knows it...why would I all of a sudden start consuming food products that I'm allergic to???

After I stopped reading, and listening to people, my life because so much easier. I quit worrying about the little things...and now I hardly worry at all. I had the amnio and wasn't even worried about the procedure or what the results would be. My husband and I talked about all the what-if scenarios if we got bad results from the amnio...and we knew exactly what we were going to do with the information before I even had the amnio done. I didn't have to worry...we already made our decisions.

Once I was able to quit worrying, ignore the outside influences, and become a voice of reason to filter out people's garbage...I became more excited about the baby coming. I'm now 22 weeks, and looking forward to what's going to happen to me.

If I have questions, I ask my doctor. I don't sit around worrying over a symptom until I've made myself a mental baskecase.

Boy, it felt good to get all that off my chest!
Gayle

Closed Thread