It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User
33 week question(s)

Good Morning!
I have a couple of questions for those who have been through this before. At this stage - how much should the baby weigh? Does her having the hiccups a lot mean she is going to be colicky? (Sp?) Is it possible I am further a head than the DR thinks? I have been leaking already (breasts) but not a lot, just a little. I measured 2 cm more than the actual week I was in. How long did labor last for your first? What advice can you give to a new Mom who only has about 7 weeks left??? (I have a lot of those Braxton Hicks Contractions too!)
Thanks for your time.....
-Sue

Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Re: 33 week question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCampbellBill
Good Morning!
I have a couple of questions for those who have been through this before. At this stage - how much should the baby weigh? Does her having the hiccups a lot mean she is going to be colicky? (Sp?) Is it possible I am further a head than the DR thinks? I have been leaking already (breasts) but not a lot, just a little. I measured 2 cm more than the actual week I was in. How long did labor last for your first? What advice can you give to a new Mom who only has about 7 weeks left??? (I have a lot of those Braxton Hicks Contractions too!)
Thanks for your time.....
-Sue
At my 30th week appt she weighed almost 3lbs which my Dr said was good. My DS had hiccups EVERYnight at 8pm for about an hour and he wasn't colicky. Lil miss is just like him she gets the hiccups around 7ish everynight for a good 45 mins. You can be a little further along remember it's not very likely you will deliver on your due date. The leaking is normal. I've been leaking since around 23 weeks. Its not your milk. Last week at my 35th week I was measuring 1 week ahead of my due date. My doctor said it could mean nothing or it means 1) I could be early or 2) Lil miss will be a little bigger then my DS. I started having contractions on May 8 at 4am and finally at 4:48 pm on May 11 (which is today ) I only pushed for 30 minutes though and the epidural was WONDERFUL! Get all the rest you can now. I haven't had many BH this time for some reason. I had some last night after I told my Mom I hadn't been having them lol. I wasn't in the hospital for the whole labor I was in "active labor" for about 10 hours. May 11 I went in around 6:15am and had DS at 4:48pm. Hope this helps.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

Wow - that is some great information - I appreciate everything you had to say above. I fact, so much I had to read it again to take it all in......that was great! Thank you!!!

Old 05-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
(female)

Di12779 HB User

I too am at week 33 and have no idea what to expect from everything. I have not leaked at all, though my mother never did either so maybe I wont. My doctor has never measured me and I haven't gotten any estimate on the weight of the baby! I don't even know if I have had any braxton hicks contractions! I get little cramps here and there in my lower abdomen, but as this is my first I don't know if thats what they are or if it's just more streching. Wow, I feel so left out now! I go to the Doctor again on Monday maybe I'll have to ask a ton more questions then. I know all pregnancies are different and no one has the same symptoms, but am I abnormal for missing all of these pregnancy things?

InDueTime, you delivered at 35 weeks?????!!!!! Wow that is 2 weeks from where I am, I don't think I would be ready in 2 weeks!

Old 05-11-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di12779
I too am at week 33 and have no idea what to expect from everything. I have not leaked at all, though my mother never did either so maybe I wont. My doctor has never measured me and I haven't gotten any estimate on the weight of the baby! I don't even know if I have had any braxton hicks contractions! I get little cramps here and there in my lower abdomen, but as this is my first I don't know if thats what they are or if it's just more streching. Wow, I feel so left out now! I go to the Doctor again on Monday maybe I'll have to ask a ton more questions then. I know all pregnancies are different and no one has the same symptoms, but am I abnormal for missing all of these pregnancy things?

InDueTime, you delivered at 35 weeks?????!!!!! Wow that is 2 weeks from where I am, I don't think I would be ready in 2 weeks!
No no I didn't deliver at 35 weeks. Where did you get that from? lol I am 36 weeks and still have four to go. I was talking about my labor with my first child. Today is my DS 6th birthday. I'm sure that's what got you confused I just re-read it and I see how that looked lol. Sorry. And BTW, you aren't abnormal because of "missing all of these pregnancy things" I didn't have ANY signs of being pregnant with my DS really. I leaked a lot with him and I had a belly but other then that I wouldn't have known I was pregnant.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Well with my first pregnancy, two years ago this July, my daughter had the hiccups all the time, and she did not have colic at all. And I'm 31.5 weeks right now, and noticed the past week or so, my little boy has started getting them a lot! I too am getting a lot of B.H. contractions, and my dr said they are just going to continue to increase the farther along you get. And as far as the leaking, it's obviously just the pre-milk, but I have been leaking quite a bit. And labor with my first lasted about 18 hours...with the last 4-5 hours being the most intense. But everyone varies I guess.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #7
(female)

Di12779 HB User

OH!!!! I feel silly now! lol Thanks for the reassurance on being normal-ish! I had a ton of early on pregnancy symptoms, however by week 22 most eased up and I have been great ever since. I have pains in my thighs and through my pelvis, can't sleep, back ache and some returning morning sickness here and there, so there are some signs

Closed Thread