It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Question Sadness??

Im 18 weeks pregnant and feeling this overwhelming sense of sadness and aloneness. I cry and get upset at nothing and feel like the world is ending. Nothing my bf does is right and I really dont like him right now. Is this normal? I feel like something is wrong with me, is there? Please any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

Di12779 HB User
Re: Sadness??

I wouldn't worry about being normal, nothing seems normal when you are pregnant and your hormones are off the wall. I went through the same sense of helplessness when I was about 20 weeks pregnant and I found a lot of support here. I think the one thing I learned from it was it would get better and it really did. Lately for me it has re-surfaced a little, but now it has a lot more to do with the way I feel about my appearance. I am 33 weeks and I feel huge and unattractive and no matter what my husband says I just feel blah all the time! I know right now nothing anyone does or even says is going to be right, it takes some time but it will get better. Best of luck to you, I am sure things will get better and when it's all over hug your boyfriend and thank him for understanding. I could only imagine what it feels like to be on the receiving side of the pregnancy monster! Our poor men!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Welcome to pregnancy hun! I was the sameway. I would lay in bed and just cry and for NO reason. I was watching the Today Show and they were talking about some pregnant women get "post part" before they even have the baby. It's nothing to worry about. Just our wacky hormones!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Thanks, I feel better knowing Im not alone in this. You would think this is my first pregnancy, but its not. I have a 7 and 5 yr old, but I didnt get this way with them. Im glad to know though that it gets better.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I know what you're talking about! I thought it was just me for a long time too. I've had periods where I haven't been so depressed in my life! Other times I'm fine. Curses to the hormones. I'm frusterated with it and hubby is frusterated with it. He has no understanding about hormones, he figures you can just shut them off with a switch. Wouldn't that be nice! I didn't have this with my first preg. either so it's totally caught me off guard. I try to think of it this way, 4 more months and it'll all be worth it.

Closed Thread