It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Question Not Showing Much, Is this normal??

This is my third pregnancy and I am taking forever in showing. I did lose weight in the beginning, but Im 18 weeks and really not showing that much. When I went to the Dr. they said I had only gained 1 lb, but in reality I had lost 10 before so I really havent gained. Im not that hungry and I get full fast. Am I not eating enough? Could this mean the baby isnt growing. With my other two I showed fast and gained weight almost immediatly. I do have to admit I still get sick at least 1-2 times a week. But I try to eat real healthy and lots of protein. Im just concerned about not showing much or gaining weight. Anyone else had this happen to them? Maybe each pregnancy is different, but shouldnt I be bigger because this is my third? The Dr. did say I measure right where Im suppose to be and he didnt seem worried about not gaining much weight.

Last edited by wyliemom; 05-11-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: Showing??

Hmmm, I havent gotten any responses. Anyone have any advice or a story where they also felt the same way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #3

AngelBaby1105 HB User

I wouldnt worry about it too much if your Dr isnt, he said your uterus is right were it should be for 18 wks. I have the same problem I lost 6 lbs in my first trimester and I still dont always have a big appetite, depends on my mood, I was told its the Quality of the food you eat not the Quantity, as long as you are getting 2300 calories a day you are doing fine. I had a friend that was preg.with her 2nd at the same time I was with my first and she only gained 8 lbs by the time she hit her 3rd trimester, you couldnt even tell she was preg. untilshe was 8 mos along and she barley showed then

Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

This is my first, but I was about 26 weeks before another person besides my family noticed. But I am big now! I havent' gained much weight either, and like you, I lost weight at first, 15lbs.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

It's reassuring to see others who have lost weight. Everytime I go to the dr. they are like wow "going the wrong direction aren't we". I've lost 20 lbs since Jan. Some before I realized I was pregnant the rest since. Sadly I had a lot of muscle before getting pregnant and now I have zilch, I hate to see it go It's been there since highschool. I can hardly open a pill bottle. *weak*

The only thing is I am definitely showing, I started showing around 3 mths.

I know I don't eat enough and a lot of times it doesn't stay if I do eat. At 5 mths I expected better. I just really want food to be appealing again. A time that I could enjoy eating without so much worry and I can't.

Last edited by MissT; 05-11-2005 at 10:14 PM.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

If you can try drinking alot of juice and milk, that packs on calories and it's good for you. Real juice though, not like Hi-C or something. Hope you start feeling better

Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 AM   #7
(female)

USPS84 HB User

I am 7 months along, and people who don't know me, have no idea I am pregnant. The ones who do know try to point out the belly every now and then, but when I take off my windbreaker, and show them the belly, they frown and ask, "Where is it???".

I started showing UNDER the clothes (meaning, only I could tell) at week 26.

I lost 10 pounds in the beginning, but I have now gained them back, plus 5!

Old 05-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi, l started to show around 17 weeks, but l always had a small tummy any way as in a bit of a bulge! However from week 22 my upper part started to take shape. I have had the odd comments when l was 23 weeks such as ''have you gained weight or are you pregnant''? Wasnt sure ot take it as a compliement or insult! lol.

Anyway now l am looking very pregnant at nearly 27 and a half weeks pregnant. My feet swell up and l can not bend down to do anything. Putting tights on is a mission at the moment l sit on the stairs!!
It will be better when the weather in the U.K. starts to warm up then l can wear all those lovely flip flop sandals l have brought!

good luck to you all

Closed Thread