It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #1

Rochelle26 HB User
Is this normal????

Hi ladies!!! I am going on my 21 st week of pregnancy and experiencing something different than my other pregnancies. I have had two previous pregnancies and carried both to full term. With my son i swelled up a lot but not until the last couple months. I am carrying another boy this time, but have already started to swell a little. Mostly in my feet and hands, but today my face feels really weird. It does not look swollen but it has that swollen feeling to it. I know you guy's probabley no what i am talking about. It just feels tight like it is swelling a little. I am also a lot bigger with this pregnancy than with the other two at this time. I am five months and look like i am at least seven months. Also I have been having braxton hicks contractions since about 19 weeks. They feel different this time thought. I will try to descride them. It feels like when the baby is really big at the end of pregnancy and they are turning around in your stomach. It is that uncomfortable pressure type feeling. It does not hurt but it is uncomfortable. They have not been consistant so i do not think it is labor, but it is really weird. Does this sound like anything that you guys have experienced or heard of?? I was kinda thinking pre-ecamplsia. If it is that is it possible to stay in the hospital and save the baby?? I am just so worried. Thanks for the help!!!

Rochelle

Old 05-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User
Re: Is this normal????

I've been doing a lot of reading since I've had alot of swelling in my legs and ankles. From what I've read, it's not abnormal to have swelling there especially since I stand alot but you should have it checked out if it seems to be in your hands and face. I've also been told I have to wear support hose, (yeesh!) and cut my salt intake down. Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #3

AngelBaby1105 HB User

I dont mean to scare you but with my first baby I had Preclamcia and i had contactions every 3-5 mins apart starting my 36th week I ignored them until my face and hands swelled, I when to the hospital and sure enough my blood pressure was 154 over 80 or 90 so they sent me home( i had a doctor appt. the next day or they would have kept me) and told me STRICKED BEDREST, the next day they induced me, if your only 21 weeks you "should not" put it off or you could put your baby in jepordy not to mention your self!

Old 05-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I would call the doctor as soon as you can esp. if you had any sudden weight gain I had preeclampsia as well and noticed a sudden swelling weight myself and I had gained 8 lbs in a day and a half.I also had b/h from 20 weeks noticed swelling at 31 weeks. good luck I hope it's nothing.

Closed Thread