It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Weight gain

So I am almost 32 weeks, and I have gained 11lbs thus far. My dr said that this was good. I wasn't fat going into the pregnancy, but I wasn't really thin either. I was pretty surprised to hear that I have only gained that much. I eat quite often, and I just guess I thought I gained more. But my baby is healthy and measuring right on track fro 32 weeks. But for some reason I feel that I haven't gained enough weight. This is my second pregnancy, so I do know that these last 5-8 weeks I will gain more. And my mom keeps telling me that since the baby is measuring fine, and my dr said it was fine, then not too worry. And I guess in the end, it will be a benefit for me, less weight to try and take off. But has anyone else gained a little weight like this? Maybe I am just paranoid or something

Old 05-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: Weight gain

I had the same question. Im only 18 weeks and Ive only gained 1lb. I was worried that I should gain more. But I also measure fine and all that, plus I wasnt skinny, but not fat either. With my second daughter I only gained 20lbs total and so Im thinking I may gain around the same amt this time too. I dont eat very much, but only because I get full fast and I still get sick if I get too much. As long as the Dr. says you are fine, I wouldnt worry much. I know its hard not to do, but try. I have to try and do the same thing. And your right the less weight we gain the less we have to lose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Oh, I'm so jealous! I am almost 22 weeks and have gained 14lbs so far! It came on pretty quickly for me but I was underweight before I got pregnant so my doctor is happy with me.
You have nothing to worry about my sister in law only gained 14lbs with her little one and he is perfect. With her second one she only gained 11lbs!
I envy you, I don't know why some people gain so much and others so little. Personally I don't think it has to do with what or how much you eat. My friend ate nothing but McDonalds, Doritos, Pepsi, and Herhseys candy and only gained 20lbs, I don't touch any fast food or eat chips and sweets, etc. One thing I am happy about is since getting pregnant I can't eat anything sweet which is great cause I would have gained a lot more.
It's all about metabolism.
Take care.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

I've been told that it's more important that you eat healthy than how much you gain. I wasn't as lucky as any of you. In my 3rd and 4th month I gained 20lbs. Last month was better only 5lbs. I'm 7mo now, my next appoint is next week, I'll be curious to see how far the scale tips this time. My doc says it's because I was so underweight before, 120 lbs at 5'8, also the baby is measuring big, my DH is 6'3 and my doc says the baby will for sure be over 7lbs.
They says that now is the time is when you really put on weight, hopefully that won't happen to me, b/c I'd rather not put on 50lbs. All I eat is veggies and fruits, I don't know where the weight is coming from anyways.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi Andilyn

I'm 30 weeks and have gained 14 pounds. I really wouldn't worry about your weight. My midwife hasn't weighed me for a couple of months. Ever since about 24 weeks all she does is measure the size of my uterus (which like you is measuring fine for my dates). I think they check your weight early on because the uterus is too small to measure, but once they can feel the size of the baby then that's all that matters.

Spanish

Old 05-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My midwife has never weighed me. She goes by how the uterus feels (the size and the size of the baby). My OB weighs me whenever he sees me just because I've been so ill for so long and wants to make sure I don't lose too much weight.

Closed Thread