It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
After the first ultrasound...

I am a natural worrywart and just heard a horrible story from a friend about a molar pregnancy, she had all the "normal" pregnancy symptoms such as nasuea, sore boobs, etc. The doctors even detected a normal heartbeat at early visits. However, at 15 weeks they found out it was a molar pregnancy. This really scared me! I had an ultrasound at 7wks2ds and was told everything looked perfect. After the first ultrasound, you can rule out atopic and molar pregnancies right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

hreiter HB User
Re: After the first ultrasound...

I am not an expert, but I belive if you had an ultrasound they can see where the baby is... so I would say yes...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: After the first ultrasound...

I'm pretty sure a molar pregnancy never has a heartbeat. It's my understanding that in a molar pregnancy, the exchange of chromosomal information "breaks down" from the moment of conception and there is never a true fetus. However, the egg was fertilized so it continues to grow & produce the pregnancy hormone that causes pregnancy symptoms. Molar pregnancies normal abort themselves by week 10.

Closed Thread