It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
(male)

paradox_202 HB User
Possible pregnancy!?!

I had intercourse with my wife two days after her period finished, we just recently got married, unfortunately I was using a condom and it braked and some semen leaked inside of her. she has a regular cycle of approximately 29 days; which may vary by only "+" or" –" 1 day each month. Her last period started on the 3rd of May 2005 and ended on the 7th of May and we had intercourse on the 9th of May.
Since we have no idea when her ovulation occurs each month, what are the chances that she could pregnant? and is her cycle considered regular ?

Regards .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User
Thumbs up Re: Possible pregnancy!?!

Unless she is one of those who ovulates really early, I don't think that she would have got pregnant this time around. Since the condom broke only 2 days after her period ended, I doubt that she has ovulated yet. I would consider her cycles to be regular. If she doesn't get her period within a few days of when she normally gets it, have her take a pregnancy test. Remember too if she is nervous that you may have gotten her pregnant, that can sometimes delay her period. But all in all I think that you will be ok. Just don't worry for now. I know it is easier said than done. I have worried about being pregnant before & worrying delayed my period. I would take a preg test and within a day I would start my period(hence the preg test eased my mind). Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: Possible pregnancy!?!

if her cycle is 29 days long, then it's unlikely that she is pregnant. a woman who has a 29 day cycle, usually ovulates around day 15 of her cycle. tha't 15 days after the start of her period. i guess it depends on how long her period is, but i would say it's pretty unlikely that she had ovulated when you had sex.
the only way to be sure is to take a pregnancy test on the day she expects her period.
good luck to you and your wife.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #4

AngelBaby1105 HB User

my cycle is 28 days long and I can conceive the 14th day after my cycle ended so she is probebly the same, now Icould be wrong but its not likely if her cycles are normal for her to conceive that early. a woman ovulates approx. 12-14 days after the last day of her last period, so if you had sex 24 hours before or 48 hours after ovulation then she can conceive, but other than that it is very unlikely that your wife is pregnant, but wait until her period is at least a week late and get a test done, the reason i say this is because this is my 2nd pregnancy and I took 2 tests one the day i was supposed to start and one 4 days after and both were negative, I went to the Health dept. and had a test done there and it was weakly positive and I am now 4 months pregnant

Old 05-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
(male)

paradox_202 HB User

I thank you all for the info…

But there is something strange!? Is it "approximately" 14 days from the beginning of the cycle OR 14 days before the beginning of the next cycle can a women ovulate … since I noticed a lot of people stating this fact either way !?

some say that the first fact is a myth !?

Old 05-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

it's approximately 14 days from the beginning of her next period.
so if you have a 30 day cycle, you ovulate on day 16. with a 28 day cycle, usually you ovulate on day 14.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User

Every woman is different. No matter when she ovulates, her period usually comes 14 days later. The number of days prior to ovulation can vary, but the days after should be consistant.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
(male)

paradox_202 HB User

So I guess we shouldn't worry much .

Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User

I think everything will be ok. If it does happen, it has happened for a reason.

Closed Thread