It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

so paranoid HB User
Pulling/stretching pain above belly button

Hi all - I am 23 weeks preggie and have been getting a wierd pulling pain about an inch above my belly button for the past week or so. Weird thing is it only happens at night. It feels like my tummy is really bloated and pushing out at night and that is when I get the pain. It feels almost like a pulled muscle. In the morning and during the day the pain has gone. I don't know if it is gas (making me bloated) or that my stomach is full and is pushing out, or if it is the top of my uterus? I don't know if I am describing this very well, but has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks

Last edited by so paranoid; 05-12-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #2

AngelBaby1105 HB User
Re: Pulling/stretching pain above belly button

I had the same thing happen to me when I was preg. for the first time, it would happen only sometimes not just at night. When you are preg. your stomach muscles stretch out like a rubberband would if you stretched it out making it weaker and weaker, it could be gas or it could just be your skin and muscles stretching. It is proven that if you do abdominal exercises during pregnancy it helps with the birth of your baby too because your body dont have to do all the work when your pushing because your muscles are at work too which helps that part go by quicker. Try this...

Lie on your back and lift your shoulders 8 inches off the floor, if you can fit your fingers in the groove in early preg. and in late preg. if there is a bump(in the center of your belly) then your muscles have separated, if this has happened then push your muscles together lift your shouldersand hold 5 counts and repeat 10 times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #3
(female)

so paranoid HB User
Re: Pulling/stretching pain above belly button

Thank you so much AngelBaby. I really appreciate your help - I will give the exercises a try

Closed Thread