It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
High HCG Levels

Hi Ladies,
I'm recently found out I was pregnant after having a natural miscarriage in March. I never did have a cycle. My doctor was concerned at first because he thought there could still be tissue inside of me causing the positive pregnancy test. I had an u/s done last Tuesday (5 weeks) and they could only see a sac, BUT my HCG was 5000!! My HCG levels were 27,000 a week later. They are doubling the way they are supposed to at the high levels, but my doctor is hesitant to let us get excited yet. He feels that we should have been able to see the yolk sac last week w/ an HCG of 5000 and thinks there is a small possibility for a partial molar pregnancy. We did see the yolk sack & heartbeat today (6 weeks), so that is a good thing, but the possibility of a molar still exists. I follow up in 3 weeks and hopefully we can set things at ease then.

I guess my questions is this... has anyone had high hcg levels, not seen the yolk sac & had a healthy pregnancy? I do believe that we read more into the HCG numbers sometimes than we should. I'm truly not allowing myself to streess about this and I'm just letting things be. It is what it is and no amount of stress will change that, but a few encouraging words wouldn't hurt at all

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: High HCG Levels

I'm not sure you can see much of anything except a black hole that early. We had one at almost 7 weeks and my HCG levels were ALOT higher than that and all we could see was a little black spot with a heartbeat. There is another thread where someone said they don't think molar pregnanices can have heartbeats, i don't think so either, cause I don;t think there is really ever an actual baby. I hope all goes well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I'm not sure you can see much of anything except a black hole that early. We had one at almost 7 weeks and my HCG levels were ALOT higher than that and all we could see was a little black spot with a heartbeat. There is another thread where someone said they don't think molar pregnanices can have heartbeats, i don't think so either, cause I don;t think there is really ever an actual baby. I hope all goes well!

Old 05-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Thank you so much for your response. It truly does make me feel better!

Unfortunately, the post you are referring to was written me I actually wrote that earlier today!! I've learned since then that in a Complete molar pregnancy there is no heartbeat, but in a partial molar pregnancy, there can be a heart beat.

Gosh - I truly belive that knowledge is power, but sometimes I think it would be so much easier to "just be pregnant". Forget about the u/s & hcg's since they tend to make us worry unless they are *perfectly* within the normal range.

Closed Thread