It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
what are the chances?

So im about 8 wks now, and i feel sick all the time. I get very very very close to getting sick but i dont. IM A FIGHTER!!! lol...Since i havent gotten sick yet what are the chances that i will? thx

Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

lilmik HB User
Re: what are the chances?

I was the same as you and I luckily never actually threw up.

Funny thing is that when i was 5 months i overate on pizza and my baby hates pizza so he shoved that right back up.

Good luck and hope the sick feeling passes soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #3

caedmyn HB User

If by getting sick you mean throwing up...it could happen any time! Most of the time I just gag on everything. Sometimes I can gag 10 times on one meal and not feel like throwing up, but other times I gag once and that's all it takes. Plus most of the time when I feel like I'm going to throw up, I can just tell myself "I am NOT going to throw up!" and it will go away in a few minutes, but that did not work today. I don't throw up very often, but it does happen!
(Sorry if TMI).

Good luck and hopefully you'll start feeling better in a few weeks.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

I am the same way about 8 weeks and get really nautious but have not thrown up yet. today I gagged a lot though just thinking about food and putting anything in my stomach did it. I was told that sometimes if you dont get a lot of sleep it can make it worse and I couldnt sleep last night at all. guess we have to take it day by day though. I too am a fighter lol I hate throwing up but if it does happen I will just think of it as getting rid of stuff that is bad for baby

Old 05-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My m/s was all dry heaving. Even after or during eating, I would sit at the toilet and heave...nothing would come up. I would heave so bad I would wish all the food would come up so the heaving would stop. Ugh.

I did vomit twice...and go figure...I had like nothing in my stomach at those moments.

Good luck. It will go away eventually.
Gayle

Old 05-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #6

AngelBaby1105 HB User

I know exactly how you feel with my son I was sooo nausiated at the sight of food I couldnt eat fast food at all in the beginning or any pasta, but I never threw up until after 4mos and that was only 2 times. so you may and you may not good luck to you and hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

I would feel sick when i went to bed but it wasnt so much that i had to go to the loo, i didnt gag or anything like that so i was quite lucky i think. But then again i have a chronic stomach disorder so im not that lucky! LOL!!

I felt really sick one morn but it went away quickly, there is every chance u wont throw up!

Old 05-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I am a fighter too and when I had m/s I fought it every step of the way. Like the other poster the first time I did was when I ate pizza one night. Basically all that acid on a upset stoamch is not the best thing no matter how bad you want it. I did eventually go through a period where I did throw up but always on an empty stomach. I would fight and fight even though I knew if I threw up I would feel better. I still fought till I could go no more.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Because M/S is so different for each individual woman nobody can really tell you what your chances are for throwing up. My mom had no M/S at all with her two pregnancies. She felt great the whole time. In my case this is my first pregnancy and I've been diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is extreme sickness, nausea and dehydration. It showed up around week 7 and now at week 22 I'm still throwing up everyday and have been in the hospital several times for IV therapy. I'm not trying to scare you or anything I'm just pointing how different my mom's pregnancies were from mine.

I know what you mean by being a fighter though. I've gotten quite tough when it comes to holding back on throwing up but the pains usually get too much for me and I end up losing the "fight" sometimes.

You take care and I hope you feel better very soon!

Nicole x

Closed Thread