It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

Whoababy HB User
Question Questions about symptoms & dad's backgroud

I've had a few symptoms of pregnancy (ex. sore breasts, light cramps, easily tired, headaces) but lately (the last day or two) my boobs don't seem to be nearly as sensitive as they were. Does this indicate miscarriage? Or are they just taking a break from getting bigger?? I'm only 5/6 weeks along.. but i'm very worried.

Also, the babies father has now turned to being very unsupportive.. I know he will love him/her when they arrive, but I need support NOW! He's just scared because we are so young.. he want's this all to go away. But i'm determined to go full term and deliever a healthy baby, with him or not. Whoa i got off topic there for a second.. I brought him up because he was adopted. Is there anyway I could get info on him birth parents for genetic/health reasons from the adoption agency? His current parents have, both, him and his brother which they adopted as infants from the same mother - but I have a feeling he won't ask them because he doesn't want to tell them i'm pregnant.

ps. I agree with the post below, most men do stink!

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is feeling good today

Old 05-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #2

caedmyn HB User
Re: Questions about symptoms & dad's backgroud

Loss of symptoms can be a sign of miscarriage, but it is also normal for symptoms to fluctuate from day to day. I had pretty bad morning sickness for a couple weeks, hardly any for a week, and now it's worse than it was before. Also, my boobs never have been very sore except when I poke them, but even that comes and goes throughout the day or from day to day. So...unless all your symptoms completely disappear, it's probably not a sign of miscarriage. They'll probably return in a few days or something new will pop up.

I'm pretty sure adoption agencies won't release information to anyone other than the person adopted and possible his parents on either side, and even that depends on their policies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

I was like that too, I never had morning sickness but I was very tired the whole time, but there were someday where I felt like I wasn't even pregnant, like I would get up feeling fine, I wouldn't worry too much.

Same thing on the adoption, maybe he could get the info for you & Congrats!

Old 05-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

I just want to comment on your BF...mine was the same way when we found out we were pg w/our son (now 2). I was scared and confused at the time...he wanted an abortion...and I found myself sitting in a clinic w/him waiting to get worked up for one...be we left because there was NO WAY I was gonna do it. He didn't really get into the pg too much as it happend...but the moment our son came out, he did a complete 180. The look on his face was priceless...and impossible to explain. But he cried and laughed. He's a WONDERFUL father and loves our son more than anything.

Like you said, your BF is scared right now...plus there is no way he will EVER understand whats going on in your body. He just needs some time...unfortunately. In the mean time, WE are here for you, and TOTALLY understand what your going through.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Jenn

Old 05-13-2005, 02:47 PM   #5

AngelBaby1105 HB User

I also want to comment on your BF, mine wanted me to get an abortion too but I told him no way in h*** was I going to do that my words to him were if I were to get an abortion I might as well go out and shoot someone because its the same thing you are taking an innocent life they cant help who thier parents are they didnt choose them, that was just my opinion, but now we have a 13 mo old beatiful baby boy and neither one of us would trade him for the world, he'll come around sooner or later.

CONGRATS!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
(female)

Whoababy HB User

Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm glad that I have all of you here to 'support' me I'm only in college and half my family sees this as a terrible mistake and the other half are very supportive. My cousin is actually 5 months preg and we are like sisters so she have been VERY sensitive about my feelings. Everyone will come around including my BF. I love him but I would never have an abortion to please him or anyone else in my family. I know my baby is only a speck right now but I love him/her to death and couldn't imagine if I lost them. I know everyone here knows how I feel I'm happy, scared, and sick all at the same time!!!! Thanks again!

Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

When i first found out I actually felt like your BF, even though I NEVER considered abortion, but I was WAY more scared than happy. I mean I was still happy, but my fear eclipsed that. Then after I got over that, DH got that way, lol. But when we started buying stuff, that's when it became "real" to him, it was more "real" to me cause I was the one sick, lol. Then he got really really excited, and I had known all along that he loved the baby, but that is when I really realzied it. So, just give your BF a little time to get used to the idea, and a little time for him to get excited. I think it is hard for them, because they don't have the privlege (even though it's hard) of having a life inside them. And once DH felt him move, he was even more excited. And I felt sorry for him, cause he didn't get to feel him move all the time.
Anyway about the genetic issues, I am not sure about the adoption issues, I think it will depend alot on whether it was an open or closed adoption. But alot of genetic markers can be tested for. I would suggest that you go get genetic counseling, adn see a maternal fetal medicine dr, they can help you alot! And if you do find that he has a marker, they are really smart about those things and can give you lots of info!
Congrats and good luck!

Closed Thread