It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Quiet Lately

Is there anything i can do do bring on movement. Over the past few days i havent noticed much movement. I just started my 20th week today and i just have been feeling movements for the past 1-2 weeks. Is there anything i can do do bring on movement?

Old 05-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Quiet Lately

Yes. Lay on your left side it brings more blood flow and oxygen to the baby. Drink some orange juics or caffine and see if that helps. Normally it will help stir things up a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Angry Re: Quiet Lately

Does anyone have any input? I am beginning to get worried.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
(female)

MsSarah HB User

i dont know why you told her to drink caffine your suppose to stay away from that while you are pregnant. movements at first are few and far between specially with your first pregnancy. because its not as strong. as weeks keep coming, trust me you will be feeling it all the time. if you lay down for awhile you should feel it. when your moving and active it puts the baby to sleep, while your resting its more active.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSarah
i dont know why you told her to drink caffine your suppose to stay away from that while you are pregnant. movements at first are few and far between specially with your first pregnancy. because its not as strong. as weeks keep coming, trust me you will be feeling it all the time. if you lay down for awhile you should feel it. when your moving and active it puts the baby to sleep, while your resting its more active.
I didnt exactly tell her to go drink a 12 pack of mountin dew. LOL A little caffine isnt going to kill anyone including a fetus. If you think that you need to do a little more research. She asked what to do I told her what she can do perfectly safe. Its her own decision if she wants to have a soda or not. Besides if you ask the doctor or midwife they will and have told me the same things. I doubt they would tell you that if it was dangerous. LOl .

Old 05-15-2005, 02:07 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Can you feel any movement? that is better then feeling kicks. Try pressing your index finger on your bump where you may feel the baby is. Yopu should see/ feel movement. Try lying down after having a cold drink non alcoholic! of course. See if yo ucan feel movement lyingon your back if not then try left hand side lying down make sure you are propped up on pillows comfortably and tune into your body. So you will need peace and quite, try closing curtains/blinds too. I sometimes dont feel kicks but movement this morning my little one kicked like 15 times in an hour or something! where as yesterday did not feel anything.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

1-2 cups of coffee a day is perfectly OK, and it gets baby moving! I still have one cup in the morning, and thats when my little ones are most active! I also find that laying on my left side and pressing gently on my belly allows me to feel where they are and feel them squirm around a bit.
I'm sure everything is fine, it's too early to do kick counts and your baby is probab;y to little to feel all the time, but that will chage soon enough!

Old 05-15-2005, 05:20 AM   #8

busybee HB User

It is probably just the fact that you're only 20 weeks. I did not feel regular movement until 26-27 weeks. Just b/c other people write on here that they feel lots of movement at 18 weeks does not mean we all will. It concerned me too. Don't worry. Give it time and please talk to your Dr. so s/he can reassure you!

Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I put some headphones on mine and play music. It usually gets him/her stirred up. Actually it has since about 16 weeks! I don't know if it's actual sound or vibration but it works with mine most of the time. A little jiggle works sometimes too. I didn't feel much but some little movements before 20 weeks but once 20 hit, it became much stronger all of a sudden. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Depending on which # pregnancy you're on, some people feel things much earlier. This is # 2 for me so I felt things alot earlier than with the first.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Everyone gave you good advice: don't worry. I went through the same thing. From 18-20 wks baby kicked like crazy every night. But then I could hardly feel anything for about 6 wks, just occasional kick here and there, I worried a little too. But my doc said that just b/c you don't feel anything doesn't mean the baby is not moving. Every visit when he would check the heart rate he could hear the baby's movement, but I wouldn't feel it. So it's absolutly normal, enjoy the quite time. My baby now moves so much and distorts my stomach, I sometimes think I have a big tumor growing on the side of my belly.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Thank you everyone for your advice. I feel much more relieved. I just started week 20 and this also it my 1st pregnancy.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Like everyone else has said, try not to worry too much...but I know it's hard not too. But with your being around 20 weeks, and it being your first pregnancy, it's very normal to not feel a ton of movement. With my first, I really wasn't feeling anything until 24ish weeks. But now with this one, I felt him much sooner than my first. Like around 18 weeks. And I'm now 32 weeks, and still feel a lot, but then again, have days where he doesn't do a whole lot. So every pregnancy is so different. And in regard to having caffeine, I was told too that is was just fine to have it, in moderation. It's not harmful...but if you aren't comfortable with that, that's okay too. Juice, as was menitoned, helps get the baby going too. But again, I think everything is just fine...soon enough you'll be feeling your little one all the time

Old 05-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

You could also try eating something really sweet, frosted flakes get my little guy going! But you are a little early to be feeling alot of movement. I always found it helped to lay on my stomach, or put a little pressure on it. Or a little caffeinee, or fruit juice, like they said, is good too. The FDA says that 300 mg of caffeinee is safe during pregnacy, which is the same as 6 sodas!

Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

This is my first pregnancy and l did not feel my baby kick until weeks 22/23 onwards.im now 28 weeks and the weekends are more quiter on the kick sides monday mornings are fun the littleone is like a kick boxer! lol, im sure all is well.

Closed Thread