It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

Sunshine709 HB User
awful pain

I was wondering if anyone else here had experienced a gall bladder attack while pregnant and if so what can be done to prevent it... i had a big dinner yesterday and came back home.. 2 hours later i started experiencing bad back aches and pain in my upper abdomin im not sure if it was a gall bladder attack or not but i do know that it took my breath away for most of the night.. i ended up sleeping sat up on my floor next to my bed .. the pain stayed for almost all night till early the next morning.. thanks for any replies.. to be honest i think im starting to get a back ache now.. **** i hope this doesnt last all night again..

Old 05-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Re: awful pain

I don't know if there is any real way to prevent them! You just need to keep an eye on what you eat and what causes them to flare! Certain food makes them come about for example: spicey foods, chocolate, soda, etc.. I don't know how far gone you are into your pregnancy, but if your doctor is aware of the problem and finds you to be in very bad pain over the attacks he might take your gallbladder out. My sister was 6 months pregnant when she had hers taken out. My best friend that is 37 weeks pregnant is having gallbladder problems now (just developed about 2 weeks ago), but she has to tough her attacks out till after she has the baby caz the risk is way to high now to remove it. I really feel for ya!!! I know all to well what its like to have gallbladder attacks, but lucky enough I had mine removed before I even thought about having children! Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread