It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #1

sadend HB User
twins early labor?

Hi evreyone i am 27 weeks today and i was wondering if anyone knows when i can expect to give birth my doc sayd 36 weeks with twins . Any exp. with this would help-- thanks

Old 05-15-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Re: twins early labor?

They do say that most people carrying multiple births never go to full term. Friends of mine just gave birth and she went at 34 weeks. The babies had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks until they were over 4 pounds. Hopefully you will hold off as long as possible. I know that they say 36 weeks for the lungs to be fully developed. Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2005, 05:00 AM   #3
(female)

hreiter HB User

My friend just had twins, she delivered at 35 weeks and they were each a little under 5 lbs...

Old 05-16-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

I just found out I am pregnant with twins and my dov told me not to expect going past 36 weeks!

Old 05-16-2005, 07:49 AM   #5

sadend HB User

Thank you all for the replies , in a way i would like for them to come early but i am also concerned for thier well being . But i am so tierd of being pg the breakouts backpain attention if one more person asks me touch my belly i will pummel them lol.
And i am also so excited to hold my babies and put them on the cute tiny pink clothing.
And i wouldnt mind getting my waist line back

Old 05-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
(female)

Angilove HB User

First off, Congratulations. Having twins is so special and also very stressful all at the same time. I have twin boys that are 3 1/2 years old. I always stressed that the babies would be premature. I carried them until 37 weeks but not without some complications. I swelled so badly with all the water weight I had gained. I did not recognize my own feet when I could see them. LOL I had mild pre-eclampsia and was put on bed rest for a little over a week in the hospital. It was really important to the doctors to get me to 37weeks. They told me that 37 weeks is considered full term for twins. I begged them on a daily basis to induce me!
I had two healthy boys weighing in at 6lbs12oz and 6lbs1oz. Alot of baby.
It is best for the babies to stay in you as long as possible, growth wise and developmentally wise. If they are born pre-mature they are behind on all their milestones.
If you have any other questions that I can answer for you I would be happy to do so. Only 10 more weeks to go.. You can do it!

Old 05-17-2005, 05:48 AM   #7

sadend HB User

Hi Angilove,
Thank you for offering the info. I was wondering if i should expect a c-section or will i give birth naturally.Also how much weight did you gain and were you able to loose it. I am 23 years old and this is my first pregnancy.
I am expecting baby girls.I keep telling my DH that they will be somewhat early and hes gotta get started on their room . I need to call the painter and order thir carpet all i did so far was order theri furniture and got some clothing.

Thanks,

Old 05-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #8
(female)

Angilove HB User

I gained over 80 pounds, however alot of it was water weight and baby I look back at my pictures and I look like a completely different person. I was so miserable. After I had the babies within weeks I lost a very fast 60 pounds. I was left with 20 pounds to go to get back to pre-baby weight. The first year of the boys life I did not lose any weight and was starting to think that I probably would not, but I had no time to work out and was not eating healthy. I finally lost all the weight and was back into all my clothes when the boys were around 18months old. I joined the YMCA and watched what I ate.

I thought for sure that I would have a c-section with the boys, however they were both head down and the doctor induced me for a VB. I was only 1 cm dialated and they broke the bag of water. They put me on pitocin and at about 4 cm dialated I was feeling the contractions. At that time I had an epidural. I think you have to have one regardless when your expecting twins. I was in labor for 12 hours which I tried to sleep through some of that.When I was ready to deliver the first they took me to the operating room. I pushed for 2 1/2 hours. After that I wanted to be done and wished I was only having one. I went from a 10 to a 7 and had to wait to dialate again. Also they did a quick u/s and the other baby decided that he had all this room and flipped around to breech position. The doctor externally moved him back around. His arm keep slipping down first and they would push him back in. After 2 hours of excitment he was delivered emergancy c-section. His heartbeat kept falling and they got him out fast. The placenta was breaking away from the wall and he would have bled to death. I lost alot of blood and was given alot of morphin also. But despite the long and eventful delivery I had two healthy sons. I breastfeed the first while I was waiting on the second to arrive.
It was very painful to have a VB and c-section. I was very sore for a long time afterwards and took alot of painkillers. I know that it was not my decision and my doctor made it for me, but if I were to do it all over again I would have prefered to have the c-section for both.
Hopefully I have helped and not scared you. I'm expecting my third, I'm only 5 weeks pg and my first doctors appointment is on June 2nd. I am hoping to rule out twins again. I would know what to expect and have everything that I need but I would prefer to have just one baby this time around.
Keep us posted on how you are doing and if I can help answer anything for you I will.
Take Care,

Old 05-17-2005, 06:16 PM   #9

sadend HB User

Hi Angilove,
Thank you for all the helpful info.I really appreciate you taking the time to give me so many details of your labor . I think i will just ask for a c-section.Good luck with your dr. appt. Maybe you will have one baby girl

Thanks again

Closed Thread