It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
baby trying to come early!

Well apparently this little guy is very anxious to come out, lol. Tuesday i went to the dr cause i had an infection. Well Friday night I had a fever and a weird feeling, so i went to the hosptial, afraid the infection had comeback. Well I got there and it wasn't the infection, never figured out the fever. Anyway, sometime between Tuesday and Friday I dialated almost 2 cm. And I was 70 effaced. Well the baby had dropped, and i was having contractions about five minutes apart, and my blood pressure was up. So, they decided to keep me and give me the shot to stop the contarctions. Well I had heard such horror stories about it, so i was suprised when it didn't bother me at all. So, Sat, morning the contractions had stopped, I was still a 1 cm diatled and 60 effaced, but he had moved back up some. Anyway, so they sent me home with some of hte contraction med in pill form, and that is really making me sick! So, I called today, cause i was shaking so bad I couldn't even brush my teeth! Anyway they said, since i was already 35 weeks, i could quit taking it, but first i tried halving the dose, and that has helped ALOT! Anyway, i am on modified bedrest,and my typing is horrible because of hte shaking, lol. They want me to make it two more weeks, but i got the impression they don't think i will. I know that one cm is not that much, but the concern was because it had happened so fast, and htis is my first!
Anyway, the dr said if he came on out he would be ok, he is five lbs by now, and develped enough, it's mainly just for safe measures. If I do make it to 37 they probably won't try to stop it, from what i untderstood!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: baby trying to come early!

Wow how scarry for you. I hope he can make it a few more weeks. But Im sure he will be fine of your doctors are sure as well. id just take it easy and not over do anything.

Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Wow, that would be kind of scary! I'm 32 weeks with my second, and I am always afraid of that happening...but my dr always tells me it won't happen and all that stuff...sure hope not! But good to hear your drs are taking care of you...and thankfully you are far enough along that if your baby did come, he would be okay...hang in there...I'm sure you'll be able to make it another few weeks!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Oh my, could be any day now, then? lol. Everyone that sees me says, "you are not going to make it 5 more weeks." But, I am hoping to make it to 37 weeks too (I'm 34 weeks right now). My biggest thing is getting my doctor to take me out of work. I am still working full time, and it is getting REALLY HARD!

Old 05-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

i am too awful scared. I got upset at the hospital and made DH take the little thing they put the babies in when they are born out, cause it was killing me looking at, just hoping I wouldn't have a baby in there anytime soon, but also makinng me sad casue there wasn't one in there! The hardest thing is watching my whole family workign so hard to do what I was doing! And I really wanted to be able to do the stuff for my baby myself! but oh well, lol. Anyway, I will go back Wed to see how everything is.
It was really cute though, the lady who cleans the rooms came in Sat morning, and she was Hispanic and spoke little english, and it was kind of broken, and she said, Maybe your baby come today! And she just smiled sooo big, she was really cute. And I said, oh he is a little early, and she said, OH NO and made this face and said, oh maybe he not come today! I see you in a few weeks. It was sweet.
Jody, why won;t they take you out of work, you really sound like you need to be, espceically after I read what you said in the other thread! But you are far enough along too that your baby would probabloy be okay, you too andylin., I think I read that babies born between 30-34 weeks have like a 97 percent chance of making it with no problems! And a 99 percent chance of making it with minor problems!
good luck everyone! Thanks for replying!

Closed Thread