It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 02:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
The acid burning!!! cant stand it

This acid reflux is really starting to get on my nerves! my throat is constantly on fire! i have some liquid but it doesnt help very much.
Have any of u actually nearly been sick with the reflux? i have nearly twice!! felt like bile was coming up! and i have a sore throat after that episode!!
Need something to rid

Old 05-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #2

MandyS HB User
Re: The acid burning!!! cant stand it

Yeah, happened to me badly. Eat smaller more frequent meals and take some TUMS. I can't say it worked wonders for me but it may ease it for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I asked my doctor about it because I was having really bad acid reflux. She said that I could take pepcid. I know some women here have said they have been told otherwise. I would talk with your doc. I take one right when I get up in teh morning and one about an hour before dinner. It works pretty well.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Gaviscone is great, it a liquid does comein tab form l prefer liquid in aniseed flavour it is a bit thick to swallow but it works and the taste is not too bad. Not sure if its availbale outside U.K. check at your local health store.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I had it really bad and my doctor told me I could take Zantac 75 up to 4 times a day and Tums as needed. It helped at first, but then it got so bad that I was taking 4 Zantac and 4 Tums every day, so she told me I could then take Prilosec OTC instead. That helped until I had the baby and then it instantly all went away.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 AM   #6
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

I have this problem too, the burning is the worst. My doctor told me to take prilosec otc also, so far its been working ok. Make sure you talk to your doc before using anything though.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My best friend had terrible heart burn during her pregnancy. She has it all the time but it got even worse when she fell pregnant. Her tip to make it more bearable was to avoid eating too much cheese. For some reason that made the heart burn a lot worse for her. This may not help everybody but it might be worth a try.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Also try drinking milk, eating banana's and yougurts.

Old 05-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Thanks ladies! got some gaviscon liquid and those new gaviscon cool tabs! I have read that milk is a very bad idea as it works for the while but then it comes back with a vengence after! ouch! avoid dairy i think

Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

My doctor also recommended Zantac 75 (2x per day). Its the only thing that has worked. Now, though, I have to supplment with Tums.

Old 05-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

My dr said for me to take pepcid ac...and it did nothing! She had given me a prescription for something else, don't remember the name, and that didn't work either. So finally she gave me a prescription for pepcid, and it sort of works. I have been suffering with this acid reflux for months now, so I know where you are coming from. It wakes me up, and it's all in my throat, and I am gasping for air. I hate it so much. But see what your dr says to take, and hopefully you can get some sort of relief. I figure since I have tried so many things, that I guess I'll just have to put up with it until the baby comes...only 5-8 more weeks!

Closed Thread