It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Post Jayden Elijah-Michael is here

After twenty-four hours of labor, Jayden Elijah-Michael arrived on Friday the 13, weighing in at 8 pounds and 11 ounces. I arrived at the hospital on Thursday the 12, hoping to be induced, when the nurses informed me I was already in labor. My due date wasn't until the 18 though. The nurses wanted to do a quick check before inserting the gel to soften my cervix when they realized I was in labor. No one knows why I couldn't feel the contractions. If I hadn't of gone in to be induced, I would of ended up having an emergency labor at home. Needless to say, the induction was called off and we all waited patiently for my labor to progress. Unfortunately, after 10 hours, I was still dilated to a 6 and had to be put on pitocin. I received the eipdural at the same time though and didn't feel anything until it wore off 8 hours later. I was only at a 7 by then though and the dreaded c-section conversation came up. The doctor told me she thought my baby was face-up and that the baby's heartrate had been dropping. They put two internal moniters on him and layed me in a position to help him turn. At 4 p.m. the doctor told me he had come down and that he had started to turn. By 5, I could feel everything. I decided against a stronger medicine though. I hated having the epidural. If you can tolerate the pain, then don't have one done because it only restrains you to the bed and prolongs your labor. I was 8 centimeters by dinner time and had a strong urge to push. The doctor wouldn't let me until my cervix had completely effaced though. When I was finally able to push, I used all the strength I had and within an hour, delivered an adorable baby boy. He took his first breath before he came out though and had to be put on oxygen. He has a small case of jaundice too. He's the most adorable baby I've ever seen though. I'm healing nicely and Jayden's favorite thing to do is eat. The first night home was a long one though. He's worth it

Thank you to everyone who supported me. Labor is a beautiful experience and is nothing to be scared of. Good luck to you all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: Jayden Elijah-Michael is here

Lynn, CONGRATS!!!!!!!! That's wonderful news!!! Did your boyfriend make it up to watch Jayden being born??

Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Congrats!! I am so excited for you and glad you went to the hospital to be induced, that is neat that you were already in labor, how cool!
I love the name Jayden too!

Old 05-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
(female)

Di12779 HB User

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you and your little guy!

Old 05-16-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

Congratulations Lynn! I'm so happy to hear everything worked out well for you. What a great name too.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My boyfriend was informed of the induction date and knew to come up that night. When he arrived, I was being checked and that's when we found out I was already in labor. Perfect timing. I still had to have the pitocin though. Oddly enough, the labor wasn't painful and I was able to bear through all 24 hours of it. I went from 2 centimeters and 0 percent effaced to being 6 centimeters and 80 percent effaced over night. No one knows why that happened or how I went by without feeling it. I did get a pedicure that night though, which is said to induce labor. I started drinking rasberry leaf tea at 38 weeks too.

Take advice from someone who was in labor for 24 hours and practically had a 9 pound baby - you can do anything you put your mind to!

Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
(female)

navysab HB User

Congradulations on the birth of your little boy, it sounds like everything went great.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

Congrats Lynn!!! I am so happy for you and your little one!

Old 05-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. It is great that your boyfriend was able to be there. You have offered me help and support in the past and I really wish you all the best on the road ahead.

Old 05-16-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Congrats Lynn! Here's wishing you and your little one all the best for the future!

By the way, I love the name Jayden!

Nicole xx

Old 05-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Congratulations, Lynn!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #12
(female)

Karlie HB User

wow thats awesome im glad everything went well and im glad your saying labour is nothing to be scared of you make me feel better

Old 05-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #13
(female)

USPS84 HB User

WHOA! I have two young cousins named Elijah AND Jayden...

This is a first I have ever heard their names used since their birth!!!

Congrats on the baby!

Old 05-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Congrats Lynn...i'm amazed you opted against pain medication. I know how those contractions feel and I just couldn't do it lol* YOu are one strong chick! See, isn't all the pain worth it? I'm loving being a mom...even if i'm up at all hours of the night feeding my little one. Congrats and I'm so glad you had a healthy and hopefully enjoyable delivery. By the way, was your boyfriend able to attend?

Old 05-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Glad everything worked out!!! Congratualations!!
Gayle

Closed Thread