It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

Brady506 HB User
Help-long

I am so miserable

Last monday, I was scheduled for a induction on friday may 13th at 7am. (I was due may 6th) I went in and they hooked me up to the machine to monitor his heart beat and my contractions. They ins\erted a IV for fluids.. At 8am friday morning the DR checked my cervix and I was closed tiight. This DR was the DR on call at the time, and he suggested to the nurse to give me Cytotec every 4 hours, and later on that night we would start pitocin.
I got my first dose of Cytotec at 9am and My contractions started so bad and boy did they hurt. After my 2nd dose at 1pm I was in so much pain it was unbelieveable! The decided to skiop the 5pm dose, because I was contracting very well. At 9pm that night they checked me and I was still closed tight. They said they will continue with the Cytotec and give me pitocin saturday morning.(They never informed me of the risks of cytotec)
Well Saturday morning comess and I was in so much pain. My contractions were coming 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 30-50 seconds each.I had such bad back pain and was begging for a c-section, but they wouldnt. So during the day they decided to continue with the cytotec and see how it worked later on saturday night. WELL i was still closed when they checked me, and the only thing this crap was doing to me was making me miserable and in pain!
So at 8pm they said they wanted to try cervidil which is a string like thing they put up against your cervix to soften it. It had to stay in 12 hours. After it was inserted was told that I had to stay in bed for at least 2 hours so it did not fall out. Well my babies heart rate which was usually143-156 before they put this in, went to 170-188 range. I was told it was "Normal" ... I then asked what the risks are with this cervidil and they said fetal distress. I was so ****** that i was not told this before, what do i have to ASK? Well That night (sunday morning at 2:30) after i drifted in to a light sleep i was woken up to 3 nurses around me saying that my babys heart rate dipped to 89 and they had to monitor me for a while. They sat there for a hour watching and it was so scary!~! They said everything was ok,because it did not happen again! Well at 8am sunday they removed the cervidil and checked my cervix., I was still closed tight. My feet were so swollen and my face was swelling. I TOLD the nusrse and she said it was normal, from the fluidsa i was getting in the IV. The DR on call came in and I told him that I could not take anymore of this crap, nothing was helping, im so scared, and i need to know whyat the hell is going to go on, because its been 3 days in the hopspital being given drugs they dont tell me crap about and i want answers. I couldnt even move in my bed they wanted me to stay on my left side and not move so they could [pick things up good. i was so sick of it.. Well he actually talked to me. He said that they shouldnt have been giving me the medication like they were, as it was not working, and he ordered ultrasound to see hyow the baby is doing and said if all looks good i can leave for a day and come back tuesday at 7am to induce AGAIn and discuss options. He said he would try a foley catheter with a balloon on it and pitoicin, or a c-section depening on how big the baby is.. well on the ultrasound hye is showing to be 10 pounds 3 ounces!!! I go back in tuesday morning. I do not want to go through wahty i did all weekend long again.. I want to beg for a c-section do you think they will give it to me?? I hope, because i cant dop this no more im scared for my babys health!! Cytotec is dangerousd and if only i have known i wou8ld have never let them giove it to me. I looked it up online and almost had a heart attack! I needed to vent!! sorry. Anyone know what i can do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User
Re: Help-long

i wish i had something encouraging to tell you, but i really do want to give you a hug.......i too am overdue and am scheduled to be induced on wed with cervadil and pitocin on thursday.
i would sit down and write questions and concerns that you might have over the next day and a half as they come to you....when you go in to be induced on tuesday, i wouldnt let them hook me up to anything until my questions were answered and my fears quelled.....screw them....its your body and your baby and they messed with you once....twice doesnt happen in my book!
i would push for a section only if the baby or myself were in distress.....you went through 9 months....3 days of torture, and now your home waiting again...you can do it.....i have faith in you (and have a pretty good idea as to how you feel at the moment and am scared to death of induction..see my thread)
good luck hun, and keep us posted

Cara

Old 05-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Re: Help-long

Hi Brady,

I am really surprised that they keep saying no to a c-section. Are you in the United States or another country? It seems like most U.S. hospitals are open to a c-section for someone as late as you are and having such a big baby.

Regardless of why they say what they do, you have the right to ask whatever questions you want and refuse medications.

Good luck

-Jen

Closed Thread