It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 05:25 AM   #1

Imy HB User
Unhappy Xtreme Back PAin

Hello ladies, I am 37 weeks now and I am having these intense back pains when I go to sleep. I don't know what to do. It's like my back is being split into two. I recently started having these pains over the weekend. Its only when I go to bed to about 12pm after I walk around and stuff I guess. But as I type this there is so much pressure on my back (The middle area).
Is this just a result of my body weight, or is it pre labor getting ready stuff?

Thanks for ur help. Oh and what do u guys do to relieve the pain????

Old 05-17-2005, 07:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Xtreme Back PAin

Well, I'm only 23 weeks, and I'm having very bad back pains similar to what you are describing. Tylenol is not strong enough to take the pain away. I only sleep about 3-4 hours a night. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, but it's 2 weeks too long for my sanity. I talked to my doctor about this yesterday.

He suggested a heating pad, so my husband bought me one last night. It did feel much better throughout the night. I ended up strapping the heating pad to my back with an ace bandage (boy did I look stupid!!! but how do you keep the heat on your back when you're sleeping on your side???) and I think I slept around 5 hours...and I do feel a little more rested today than ususal. My back also felt a little less tight this morning when I got up. Down side is if you strap on the heating pad like I did, you have to take it off to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night; otherwise, you are plugged into the wall with your heating pad.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

emilyallison HB User

I have always had back problems, which have gotten extremely worse since pregnancy. My Dr suggested trying accupuncture (by someone who specializes in womens health accupuncture ieregnancy) so I am going today. I will let you know if it helps!

Old 05-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Not much help for sleeping, but I read that if you have back pain during the day going on all fours helps b/c w/ gravity it forces the baby to move away from all the nerves that it otherwize compresses. I have pretty bad leg pain at night, and having a pack of ice that I wrap w/ towel so then I can put my leg on it really helps.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:29 AM   #5

Imy HB User

Thanks for your input. I tried the heating pad & a deep massage but the pain is not going away. I have a doc appt. today & will see what shee says. I don't think I will succeed if I have to put up with this from now up untill 2 weeks after my due date (june 11th). At this point I just feel like I need a good strong punch in my back, maybe a few punches. I'll let u know what my doc says.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:01 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I have a lot of pressure in around my tail bone. It feels like I fell on my butt hard but it doesn't go away. One of the ladies at work who carried really large babies suggested I get a maternity belt to hold my tummy up and take pressure off my back. She says it makes a world of difference. I don't know how you sleep but I have to have pillows and blankets all over the bed. I have to prop myself up on all sides or I end up painfully twisted. Hubby had to move to the couch cuz he doesn't fit with all the pillows! LOL That or I use him as a pillow. It's really a pain getting them all positioned right but once I do I sleep pretty well.

Closed Thread