It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

newmommy1 HB User
Smile this sounds gross. but i need help!

hey everyone. well. i found out on 5-16 that i was 6 weeks pregnant . the problem... ive been smelling foul down there. i dont know if its too early to douche or if thats a bad idea. but just smelling it makes me want to puke. if this has happened to anyone else, please help me out, its pretty embarassing. thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: this sounds gross. but i need help!

I do know that douching during pregnancy isn't advised at all...so you probably shouldn't do that. I'm 32 weeks, and have had a lot of discharge my whole pregnancy, and I told my dr about it, and it's normal, but she did say if I ever smelled a strange smell from down there, then it is more than likely an infection. And maybe that's what is going on with you. Does it have any particular smell, like a fishy odor? And are you having discharge? You might want to get it checked out, cause to me, it sounds like it could be some sort of infection, which isn't harmful to the baby, but you do need to get it checked out asap. Let us know what you find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
(female)

newmommy1 HB User

there is discharge, and i have had it for about a month now, it didnt smell like that until today when i took a shower. but i will get it checked out as soon as i can. thanks!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

I agree - go get it checked. Increased discharge is totally normal, but foul smelling is not - you probably have a yeast or some other infection.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Also keep in mind that pregnancy can often take normal smells and make them terrible!! I am 7 weeks along and my sense of smell is out of this world and rarely pleasant. I love apple/cinnamon candles, but can no longer burn them 'cause they gross me out. Go figure!

Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Dont douche its dangerous while pg. Mention it to your doctor. You may have an infection.

Old 05-17-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
(female)

newmommy1 HB User

thnx u guys for all ur help. but funny thing is, i dont smell it anymore. maybe it was just because it was early in the morning or something? who knows. the discharge is normal though right? it doesnt even feel like im pregnant. im just tired a lot, and pee a lot. but thats it. when does it start feeling like you are pregnant? i dont really want to feel all that pain, i just find it odd.

btw this website is awesome, i dont know where i would go if it was late @ night and i needed help. thanks for the 100th time. lol

Closed Thread