It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Question Does anyone worry about their baby?

I mean I'm sure everyone worries about their children. The thing is that for the last two nights I haven't been able to sleep cause I am so worried about my baby. I worry about everything. This is my first and I did have a little scare a few weeks ago with low AFP tests but everything looked fine on the ultra sound. Still I worry. My ultimate dream and goal in life is to be a mommy.
I have no experience in babies and worry I won't be able to do a good job.
Is that insane? I am so down? Sorry.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: Does anyone worry about their baby?

You're not at all insane! It's so normal to worry about your baby. I'm 32 weeks with my second, and for the past two or three nights, I for some reason just lay there in bed worrying about everything to do with the baby. I have anxiety, and then add in all the hormones, and my mind goes crazy. But like I said, it's normal, but try to relax as much as you can, since worrying isn't the best for your baby. And try talking to your dr about it, if you haven't already. I talked to mine about all my crazy fears and worries, and she really helped me to see that all that stuff I was worrying about really wasn't anything that was going to happen. It really helped me! And you're going to be a great mommy...it will just happen...you'll see! Take care and hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

You're not insane! I'm feeling the same way at the moment and it's very normal..especially for first time mothers. While I'm very happy to be pregnant there are times when I start to panic about whether I'll do a good job as a parent. DH is going to be a great parent...it's me I worry about! *lol* It's normal first time parent anxieties.

Take care!

Old 05-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am worrying too! I can't even go in the babys room because I can't stand it being empty i am terrified it will always be empty. Or I am worried that I won't be able to dress him, or get his diapers on. And taking care of hte cirumsion and umbilical cord are worrying me sick!

Old 05-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am worrying too! I can't even go in the babys room because I can't stand it being empty i am terrified it will always be empty. Or I am worried that I won't be able to dress him, or get his diapers on. And taking care of hte cirumsion and umbilical cord are worrying me sick!

Old 05-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first one ended up miscarriage. I worry all the time. I worry if i don't feel the baby move that often, i worry that something will be wrong with the baby. I also have so many questions i don't know who to ask. I went to Babies R Us this weekend and i was so confused. I don't like feeling this overwelmed but i do. I know i will be a great mom and people keep telling me that you just get mothering instincts and you know what to do. I just pray as much as i can. Good Luck!!

Old 05-18-2005, 06:08 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Thanks to everyone who responded. I think I'm just freaking out cause my husband and I just got a new house and we have to move and we are having a baby and we live in a country with absolutely no relatives. My mom will be coming to stay with us for three months and that will be wonderful. But our lives are changing so much and it's a lot to take in.
Also the fact that I have to return to work after my baby is born kills me cause I always imagined being a stay at home mommy. It hurts me so much that I won't be home with her. But that's life, what can we do?
Anyway, I feel better today and I'm sure we will all make great mommy's. Good luck to you all!

Old 05-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Well at least living in the country means he will have a great place to grow up! We do too, except my Mom is about 100 feet away, and my Grandma is about a mile away!
SOmething else I thought about last night that worries me to death, i am scared I will drop him or fall down when I am carrying him, I fall down ALL the time! But never over things, I just randomly fall down!

Closed Thread