It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
37 wk ultrasound & I have ???'s

I finally got to see our little guy again today and it was very exciting. The last time we got to see him, was at 20 wks. But I was not able to see my dr today, just the person doing the ultrasound and she is not able to answer many questions. Here is the thing. She measured his bones and belly and all that stuff. Checked his heart and other organs. I noticed on the screen that when she measures the computer gives an EDD based on the individual measurements. The dates were anywhere from June 17-27. Now the dr has changed my due date from June 12 to most recently June 7, based on fundus height and the ultrasound I had when I was first pg. At the end of the ultrasound the tech told me that the baby weight was around 5lbs 9 or 10 ounces. My question is, am I going to be having this baby later, now? Or is this going to be a small baby? Babies in my family are generally around 9lbs. Can the ultrasound tech be off on the weight and, if so, by how much? He did not look skinny on the ultrasound as I could see his chubby little arms very clearly.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: 37 wk ultrasound & I have ???'s

That late ultrasounds can be off by as much as two weeks! The last one I had the babys head measured two weeks ahead of his arm, lol. One of his legs was exactly right, lol. The weight is a quesstimate, but usually fairly close. Almost six pounds is good though, cause it sounds like you still have about three weeks to go, and he should put on about a pound and a half in that time!

Last edited by cattieos; 05-17-2005 at 07:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Re: 37 wk ultrasound & I have ???'s

They can be WAAAAY off that late. My cousin was told her baby had intrauterine growth restriction and was induced at 37 1/2 weeks because her baby supposedly weighed less than 5 lbs and they feared the placenta wasn't doing it's job. He was born 2 1/2 weeks early weighing 7 lbs 5 ozs.

So don't worry too much!
DD born 3/24/2005

Closed Thread