It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Why is it suddenly OK to touch me????

OK, so I'm 22 weeks pregnant and REALLY showing. All of the sudden people , strangers are feeling my belly without even talking to me first!
I had a co-worker (who I have never spoken to!) grab my belly this morning while I was making my bagel, she scared the bejesus out of me! I had a woman at the grocery store grab my belly over the weekend and say "Oh how cute, when are you due???"
I really don't mind if friends, family etc touch my ever growing belly, but STRANGERS????
Am I being overly sensitive or should I start carrying mace.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Re: Why is it suddenly OK to touch me????

I dont mind when people i know touch my belly, my sisters boyfriend does alot as he loves pregnant women! cute! i love him anyway so i really dont mind. But strangers! its ok if u are in mid covnersation with someone and they talk about ur pregnancy and then touch your belly but just to come up to u and grab it i wouldnt really like that! especially if i didnt know them well or they startled me!!
Carry that mace!! LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
(female)

TJR HB User

LOL Id bring along the mace. Strangers grabbing your belly is rude!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

oh...you poor thing.....thats just the beginning.....sorry to say....it will only get worse from here.....i could lie to you, but its just not worth it.....
i work in retail....at least it was a co-worker this time...i ve had TOTAL strangers touch my poor belly.....and every time it happened, i was so stunned that people actually have the nerve, i never did say anything at the time (thought of a ton of stuff to say to them after they were gone, but never did make it out of my mouth in front of them)
my best suggestion.....GET THE MACE OUT!

oh...by the way....i was due last saturday,,,,still pregnant as of this evening, ....and i had a pedicure this afternoon, and some lady having her hair done got up out of her chair to come over and rub my budda....um belly..........
i suppose it just doesnt end~!

good luck....
Cara

Old 05-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

Oh, dear. I hate to break it to you. There is no end in sight when it comes to touching. Not only do I have co-workers touching me and rubbing me like I am a genie or a buddha, BUT I have had them kiss my belly and some even try to pick up my shirt to see my belly. These are co-workers, people whose names I know but not much more than that. Last week Friday was my last day of work till September. I told my Dr he had to get me out of there before I went off on some one. The ones who tried to pull my shirt up, I was able to stop in time. But the rubbing and kissing is horrible. They rub like something will come out of there. NO ONE has asked me first. And the best part is, is that the co-workers that I am closest friends never tried to touch me or even asked!! I wouldn't have minded them but the other phsyco's drive me nuts. Just wait, they are not done yet, and it may get worse. I was actually looking for a maternity store that I could buy a shirt from that said "HANDS OFF" but no such luck.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Isn't it suppose to be good luck to rub a pregnant woman's belly? Maybe that's why total strangers feel like they just have to touch us!!

I think I'll also start packing some mace. *lol*

Nicole x

Old 05-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I agree, people you know is one thing, but strangers forget it. My MIL was here on Saturday and we were working on my DD's room and she was helping us out, well the baby was moving like crazy, so I called over DD and told her to watch my belly and I pulled up my shirt. MIL came over and started watching also, she saw it, then went to put her hand on me, and then asked if I minded. I didn't, and she was sooooo exited that she got to feel her grandbaby, not once but twice lol, she was happy, she never got to feel the first one.

I do a paper route and I just got a new customer the other day, I had to drop off a paper tube to them, to put up. When I went to the house, the lady came out and said you must be Dawn, and I greeted her, and she touched me. grrrrrrrrrrr.

I am going to get a plain maternity shirt and make my own saying that says " Yes I am pregnant, don't touch my belly" lol or something along that lines. Or yeah I am expecting, touch and get bit lol. Who knows.

People just don't get it. oh well

Old 05-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

LOL..this happens to me too, but only family has done it, thank god, because if it were a stranger, I dont think Id be as friendly. What I worry about the most is after having the baby and strangers coming up to touch her, THAT would freak me out. What do you say to a person then??.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

LOL. My brother-in-law tried that on me, and I'm not all that chummy with him in that way, so when he tried it, I turned the tables back on him, and I rubbed HIS belly and said "You wouldn't do this if I wasn't pregnant, so why do you think it's ok to now?" Later I explained that I am just not comfortable with it, I feel like my comfort zone is being violated...I did promise him that once the baby gets bigger I would let him feel it kick (on my own terms) and since then it hasn't happened again. LOL

Old 05-18-2005, 06:33 AM   #10
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Anytime a stranger tries to rub my belly, I turn around real quick and say, "My a$$ has gotten just as big, would you care to rub that?" So far I haven't had any offers...

Old 05-18-2005, 06:53 AM   #11
(female)

TJR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird75
Anytime a stranger tries to rub my belly, I turn around real quick and say, "My a$$ has gotten just as big, would you care to rub that?" So far I haven't had any offers...
oh my god lolololololol that is so hilarious!!

Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

That is hilarious!! Love it! *lol*

Old 05-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird75
That was funny!! i must remember that one!

Old 05-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

Jaybird, that was the funiest thing I have read in a long time! I'll have to remember that, I'm fairly sarcastic and quick witted so I should be able to pull that one off!

Too funny! Thanks everyone!

Old 05-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #15
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I have heard where people start rubbing the stranger's belly when a stranger rubs the pregnant woman's belly. That would be pretty funny and very much startle people. lol

Closed Thread