HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   ? about when baby should drop (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/285284-about-when-baby-should-drop.html)

really scared 05-18-2005 01:34 AM

? about when baby should drop

ok im about 28 weeks with my 3rd child and i have dropped considerably alot since yesterday. its making me start to get scared. i already feel like im gonna have him very early like maybe atleast a month. how soon after your uterus drops do you go into labor? ty for your help in advance.
michelle

jmcummins3 05-18-2005 03:57 AM

Re: ? about when baby should drop

With a first pregnancy, you usually drop about 2 weeks before you go into labor, but all bets are off with subsequent pregnancies. You may want to mention it to your doctor and see what they say.

beanie_1122 05-18-2005 07:34 AM

My best friend dropped last Monday (9 days ago) at 36.5 weeks and she's still hanging in there!

InDueTime05 05-18-2005 08:43 AM

I have yet to drop and I am 37 weeks. I can't breathe at all. But this is my second baby and I've heard that you don't always drop with your second and so on. I just hope she does so I can BREATHE again. Some days I look lower then others I'm right back up. I think it's how she is positioned.

really scared 05-19-2005 07:53 PM

well i called ob triage and they said that there's nothing to really be concerned about but to make sure i let my doc know when i go in and that will be in about 1 1/2 weeks. then after that i think my appts will be every 2 weeks but i dont remember. im getting really scared because my due date is getting closer. ty for your responses.
michelle

HopingChris 05-20-2005 05:25 AM

Michelle, I am also 28 weeks & I feel like the babys head is in my groan sometimes. It hurts to stand & walk. This is my 4th pregnancy & I have never experienced the baby dropping before. I wonder too if mine has dropped cause it just started feeling like this for about a week or 2 now. When is your due date? Mine is 8-8-05 but I am having a c-section on July 27th.

Chris (28wks4days)

really scared 05-20-2005 06:53 PM

chris, my due date is 8-10-05. i really dont think i will last til then though i think maybe a month early. i go to docs on 27th and take that glucose drink and will talk to doc about position of baby. i wish they would induce me early because the doc said that we might be lookin at a 10 lb baby and i said i dont think so we will take this baby early.
good luck

cattieos 05-20-2005 08:06 PM

Mine dropped then moved back up again
then dropped again, and I think he is going to stay that way now!

HopingChris 05-21-2005 10:08 AM

Michelle, I don't think my baby is big at all. All of mine were 6 pounds & my 1st was 7 pounds 1 oz. but I do believe this baby has dropped. I am also worried this baby may come early. I have never went into labor on my own & I am having this baby 2 weeks before my due date so hopefully she'll stay put until then. Good Luck to ya! I just did my sugar test last week.

Chris