It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

syn HB User
comforting opinions please !

Well this is weird..I took 3 home pg tests and the doc ordered a hcg blood and urine for confirmation now I am waiting for my appointment with the ob. I know that I am pregnant due to all those positive results.. My breast soreness isnt really the whole breast it seems just to be the nipples from time to time.. I dont really feel to sick to my stomache anymore either.. I really wish my doc would have done a hcg level when I went to see her to confirm the pregnancy so I could get the referral to the ob.. Military spouse here so they do it differently im guessing because I never had to do that with my son.. I dont remember honestly how I felt with my son because it was almost 5 years ago.. So I dont know if this is normal or if something is wrong.. I know every pregnancy isnt the same. Im just so nervous that I will go to the dr whenever they get me in and they will tell me something is wrong.. This is my husbands(my second marriage) first child.. I dont want anything to be wrong because I know how much he wants a child.. I have been looking up online possible reasons for a hcg test to give a false positive but I havent really found anything other than ovarian cancer being a reason.. Sometimes I think I feel pregnant others I dont.. I dont know if the breast soreness and queaziness was all in my head to start with.. Lol I always pee alot so I cant very well count on that to be a symptom.. I know worrying isnt good for me or the baby if I am infact pregnant and nothing is wrong but I just cant help it..I thought by now I would be feeling pregnant atleast.. I figure im about 6-7 weeks now just going by my lmp.. Shouldnt I be feeling something? Shouldnt my tummy start getting atleast a little firm by now.. I dont even remember when that starts.. Oh and from time to time I feel a little flutter in my stomache on both sides im not sure what that is about.. Any comments you ladies have to calm me down would help ';/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: comforting opinions please !

I would say you are worrying over nothing. With all the positive preg test, it seems you have your answer. I didnt feel pregnant until I was about 8-9 weeks and m/s kicked in. But my stomach didnt feel different and my breast didnt really hurt either. Now my nipples are the only thing sore and this just happened. (Im 19 weeks) So relax and congragulations.. Not everyone shows symptoms right away.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

You prolly are not showing yet, the baby is too small, but being a second baby, who knows, I started showing at probably 8-10 wks, and could no longer wear my regular jeans. Everyone is different, and gets symptoms at different times etc... when I was pg with my DD I had no symptoms at all, no sickness, no nothing the whole pregnancy. This one I have everything. so who knows. good luck.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

hreiter HB User

I would think with all the postive tests yu are pregnant... as far as symptoms, I had very bad morning sickness my first trimester (but I have had friends who had none their entire pregnancy - that would be so nice)... this is my first child and I started popping out at about 14 weeks... this past week (I am 18 1/2 weeks) I have been starting to go into maternity clothes because my regular clothes are way to tight!

Old 05-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 7 weeks along. I had been feeling terrible...but I was blaming it on a bad cold I picked up and couldn't shake off. Being pregnant was the last thing I figured.

I started m/s and weight gain around 9 weeks.

Don't try to figure every little thing out. You're worrying yourself to death. It will all come in it's time.
Gayle

Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

With the + pregnancy tests I would say for sure that you are pregnant! I have a friend that has two kids and she didn't know she was pregnant until she was 2 months. I wouldn't worry. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
(female)

syn HB User

Im guessing Im just so scared cuz this is my second one after 4 years.. I didnt think I would even have another one.. I tried calling and making a ob appointment to start my care and they are telling me I need to go to an orientation before they will book my first appointment.. Im like lady look.. I have a 4 year old already.. I dont need a pregnancy orientation just make the appointment.. but nooooooo they wont so I have to attend this appointment.. I know I will feel so much better once I have my first ultrasound and they tell me everything is fine with my baby.. My fathers gf is trying to jinx me and says I am going to have twins.. I certainly hope not

Closed Thread