It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

atousah HB User
Is 10wks early to hear hb using doppler

I had my first hospital appointment on Monday, which was the booking appointment, basically they ask yu about your medical history and take blood then they book you for scan in aweeks time. I am very anxious about this pregnancy. I have had previous MCs and one successfull pregnancy so naturally I am concerned.
Anyway the midwife said do yu want me to try and listen with adoppler, she did say she might not hear anything.
All she could find was the sound of blood flowing to the placenta but not the hb. I have to say she just tried for couple of minutes and didn't really try hard, but naturally I am really scared.
Anyone else similiar experience but everything was OK?
My scan is on Monday and until then I will go crazy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
(female)

hreiter HB User
Re: Is 10wks early to hear hb using doppler

We were able to hear our baby's heartbeat at about 12 weeks... we had an ultrasound done at 8 weeks and we could see if, but could not hear it....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Don't go grazy. Good chance you cannot hear it yet. My doc said he normally doesn't try to hear the heartbeat until after 12 weeks...but my appointment was at 11 weeks, so they gave it a shot considering they wouldn't see for for another 4 weeks.

Nurse couldn't find it at all & gave up after several mins. Doc worked at trying to find it for a good solid 5 minutes. He did find it...but kept losing it because the heart is so small in there, it's like finding the needle in the haystack.
Gayle

Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

I think the 1st time we heard the heartbeat with a doppler was 12-14 weeks, I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have heard it by doppler 3 times, and sometimes it does take a few minutes to find, I know how you feel though I had my 1st misscarriage last year at 13 weeks and worry about everything now.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

We didn't hear it until 12 weeks and then it was in and out. A lot of it depends on where the baby is and where you intestines happen to be at the moment. You will probably hear it in a few weeks.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
(female)

TESS1 HB User

My OB has me coming in at 8weeks for heart beat and Lab. I wonder why if there is a chance they can't hear it.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Tess,

The lab work is the important stuff. The heartbeat is icing on the cake.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
(female)

ambmpm HB User

We heard ours with a doppler at about 9 weeks 5 days. However, she heard the cord blood first and said she would not have been able to hear that if there had been a miscarriage. She also said hearing a hb depends on the baby's placement and the weight of the mother, but, if she heard the blood flow to the placenta you are probably fine.

Closed Thread