It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User
I'm not sure if I am feeling movement?

I am 22 weeks with my first baby and I am unsure if I am feeling movement and if so it doesn’t feel like much, a few weeks ago I felt a couple feelings almost like a cork popping-lightly and every once in a while I feel like something but I am not sure if it is movement or gas everyone says when you feel it you’ll know it but I am starting to get worried? Can anyone describe what there feelings were like in this stage and if it was a lot or little.

Thanks

Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: I'm not sure if I am feeling movement?

bubbles popping, butterflies in stomach. Kinda like gas. I am sure by now you are feeling a little something, it sounds like it. within a few weeks, it will be indefinate, with actual kicks. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi

When I first felt movement it felt just like bubbles bursting inside. It was very occasional. I don't think it's true that you'll know it when you feel it. It was only when my ones movements became stronger and more regular that I could look back and with hindsight recognise that I'd been feeling movement before then. Plus there are always loads of threads on here about what movement feels like so I think most people are unsure at first. A cork popping sort of feeling sounds right to me.

Spanish

Old 05-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Mine felt like really fizzy soda bubbling around in my tummy.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
(female)

ROSE880 HB User

With My First Pregnancy, I Didnt Feel Any Movement Until About 22 Weeks Also. It Feel Like A Really Faint Ripple In Your Stomach...like Gas..your Baby Is Moving Girl!!...i Remember It Was The Strangest Yet The Most Exciting Thing For Me!!!...congrats!

Old 05-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

Mine weren't faint. They pretty much felt like what I would expect a kick to feel. I'm 22 weeks and have been feeling her for about three weeks now. This past week it has been more frequent and sometimes so hard I jump a bit. I'm sure the kicks only get harder from here, but it never really felt light and fluttery to me. Also, I think some people expect kicks a lot higher up than they actually happen. All of my movement thus far (because the uterus is only so high ) has been felt extremely low. Only just a few inches above the pubic line and then about three inches below my belly button. It won't be until probably the end of this month or even further along that we'll start to feel them higher up and in our ribs.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:05 AM   #7
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Thank you everybody, I am just such a nervous wreck about everything these days!

Old 05-19-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
(female)

wyliemom HB User

I felt my babys first real kick last night!!! I actually could put my hand on my stomach and feel it move. Im 19 weeks with my third baby. I have been feeling movement and small kicks, but never able to feel them outside of my stomach. Just wanted to share with you. Im sure you feel them to just dont realize it..

Old 05-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #9
(female)

hallie HB User

at 16 weeks i felt like i was getting *****ed by a pin - it took me a few days to realize it was the baby - it was in the wrong place for gas or a tummy ache...

Old 05-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #10

busybee HB User

I was very nervous when I wasn't feeling movement when I thought I should. I did not know for sure or feel them consistently unitl about 26-28 weeks. She still doesn't move like crazy- but enough to reassure me that she's alive and kicking!

I hope my comments help- b/c I wanted to read about anybody who didn't feel them at 18 weeks like I think we are all expecting- b/c that's the #1 question people ask me. Do you feel her move? It made me paranoid!

Old 05-19-2005, 11:08 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChicopea
Mine weren't faint. They pretty much felt like what I would expect a kick to feel. I'm 22 weeks and have been feeling her for about three weeks now. This past week it has been more frequent and sometimes so hard I jump a bit. I'm sure the kicks only get harder from here, but it never really felt light and fluttery to me. Also, I think some people expect kicks a lot higher up than they actually happen. All of my movement thus far (because the uterus is only so high ) has been felt extremely low. Only just a few inches above the pubic line and then about three inches below my belly button. It won't be until probably the end of this month or even further along that we'll start to feel them higher up and in our ribs.
That's exactly how mine have been, I'm beginning to think I'm having a kickboxer.

Closed Thread