It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #1

happysadgirl2 HB User
Did something bad

I am about 20 weeks pregnant and I used a ceramic paint and stupid me didnt even think that it could do any damage to the baby so of course didnt read the warning label or anything.. Well I was bored and just started to read the label today and read the warning and it said "this product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm". Now Im freaking out
I dont know what to do, would I have got sick I did that night but I just assumed it was cuz my prenatal vitamin cuz they make me sick and it was about 5 hours later after i painted.
Anyone any thoughts would be great.
Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: Did something bad

I'm sure you're fine - I probably wouldn't use the product again, just to be safe, but unless you ate some of it, or otherwise ingested it other than just smelling the fumes - or if you got it all over you - I don't think you have anything to worry about. California has pretty stringent standards - that's why you see most warnings with "...known to the state of California..." - like it doesn't apply to you if you don't live in Cali? and I think their warnings are based on exposures to huge amounts of the stuff, like if you drank the paint can or something. So don't worry too much about it. If you can't help worrying, ask your doctor, but I'd bet money they'll say you're fine and just not to use it again until you've delivered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Re: Did something bad

I painted my whole garden fence in this oil based stuff it was smelly too!

Closed Thread