It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User
Question 30 weeks and no appetite

I'm now 30 weeks and seem to have lost my appetite, I really don't feel hungry most of the time and when I do eat I feel full really quickly. I'm trying to make sure that I eat protein and fresh fruit and veg but I'm cutting out a lot of carbohydrates (potato, rice, chips etc) because if I eat those I just get too full and can't eat the stuff I think is more important.

So two questions here:

1. Am I doing the right thing by concentrating on the protein and fresh fruit / veg? I'm still eating carbs but definately less than I would normally.

2. Is it normal to lose your appetite in the last trimester?

At my last midwifes appointment I was measuring right for my dates so the baby must be growing fine but I don't seem to have put on much weight over the last few weeks (I've put on about 14 pounds total).

Many thanks for any comments.

Spanish

Old 05-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

Gina3 HB User
Re: 30 weeks and no appetite

Hi Spanish

I am feeling the same way. Im 30 weeks, and I have gained 11 pounds. I get full really fast. I eat small meals through out the day. I still eat the same foods as I have throughout the pregnancy but just smaller amounts it seems.
Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

I am 34 weeks and I haven't lost my appetite. However I do remember hearing that just because your not hungry dosen't mean your babies not. I never used to eat breakfast before because I was just never hungry. But after hearing that the baby is still hunrgy I got concerned and started eating breakfast. So I would say try to eat something even if your not hungry. Even if if just some fruit, just so the baby gets fed.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
(female)

hallie HB User

I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow and I'm in a similar situation. I eat because I know I need to and I'm focusing on veggies, lean meats, and cottage cheese for the calcium. But food doesn't really interest me and I get full after a few bites. I've found that I really enjoy frozen fruit pops (no sugar added kind) - they are refreshing and they give a bit of Vitamin C. But I haven't had any real cravings and i just don't understand how some pregnant women gorge themselves - i can't finish anything! I also have horrible indigestion every time I do manage to eat and I am eating Tums all day long and even keep a jar by the bedside. Every time i get up to pee (about every 1 1/2 hrs during the night) I have to have a Tums in order to lay back down. I've gained 15 lbs so far and my soon-to-be-son is a very active little guy and the doctor says we're doing perfectly. I guess we all react differently to pregnancy.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I'm at 22 weeks and my appetite has already gone downhill. I've been really worried lately I haven't been eating enough. Once sandwich fills me up and nothing seems to grab my attention. I hope the poor guy isn't hungry!

Old 05-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

I have heard that by your last trimester your appetite wears off. I have had that problem till about three weeks ago. I even posted about not having much of an appetite. But let me tell you when week 20 hit it all came back! Now in week 23 it is back to normal and my little girl is growing just perfectly. I am always getting comments from people who tell me how little my belly is. But as long as the doc says your ok you have nothing to worry about.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I totally agree that if your dr says everything is fine, and your baby is growing fine, then you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. But I know, it still probably worries you. I'm almost 33 weeks, and haven't had much of an appetite myself, and have gained 12lbs total, but I am measuring a week ahead, so even though my dr says that's perfectly fine, and my little guy is growing just fine, I still worry too. Just try and eat small meals, or small snacks all day long. Even if you can only get down a piece of toast, or a few crackers, that's better than nothing. Hang in there!

Old 05-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I think we lose our abaility to eat because of where the baby is. I was at childbirth class last week and they showed just how squished up the stomach gets from like 25-36 weeks. They said it is really common to not be able to eat that much at one sitting. Try eating real small amounts throughout the day. If you are eating fresh fuits and vegetables, you are indeed getting plenty of carbs. We tend to think that carbs only come from berad and pasta products but vegetable matter is a great source too.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 PM   #9
(female)

Kirii HB User

I'm 35 weeks and I have a small appetite and I can barely eat a meal. Gained only 12 pounds during this pregnancy. Docs don't seem worried about my weight gain so i'm just gonna try to eat when I can.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

I have just posted this concern up in the August thread, as im due then and l am nearly 30 weeks and this past week l have felt like l have loss my appetite particuliary in th eevenings, l dont want to cook. I try to eat more fruit and drink juices. Its strange. I too worry about the baby. But then l drink milk before l go to bed so is that ok? Also the hear burn thing doesnt help, l try to eat little but often and take a medication for this? any comments please/ thanks

Closed Thread