It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Hyper babies likely to be girls?

I had my 13wk u/s today and the baby was soo hyper! It wouldn't stop moving. A few ppl have said to me that its probably a girl because girls tend to be more active than boys. Does this ring true?

Old 05-18-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Re: Hyper babies likely to be girls?

Not really, mine is definitly a boy and our 20 wk ultrasound took 2hrs because this little guy does not like to lay still for 2 min. The ultrasound tech had to chase him all over my belly. He has gotten a little better but I have had him go all day and almost all night without taking a break!! Now that I hit 36 weeks I can honestly say that he does take naps. But he still goes the whole time he is awake. There were a few times but not many that he kept me up all night in the 2nd trimester.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #3

cpa2b HB User

When I was pregnant with my boy, he was so active that it took them close to an hour to complete the ultrasound. I'm now pregnant with a girl and she was so cooperative that it only took about 10 min for a level 2 ultrasound.

So it doesnít hold true in my case.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #4

AngelBaby1105 HB User

I am on my 2nd and not sure what it is yet but hope to find out Tues. 5-24, n e way, My first was a boy and he was on the move all the time he would make 10 movements in a 10-15 minute time frame so girls arent always more hyper. good luck to you

Old 05-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

People say lots of things. I think they are just trying to have fun and makes guesses at to what the sex may be. You've heard all the old wives tale. It's fun to speculate though. You'll know for sure at your Level 2 ultrasound though!

Old 05-19-2005, 04:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Yup, smells like a Wive's Tale to me.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:09 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

Not true at all. Althouth I have never had a boy all 4 of my girls were different. My 1st & 4th were vey active but my 2nd & 3rd hardly ever moved.

Chris (28wks3days)

Old 05-19-2005, 12:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Quote:
You've heard all the old wives tale. It's fun to speculate though.
Yes, it is fun, but also driving me nutts! Ppl tell me that I dhouldn't want to know, but I do! Maybe because its my first, no surprises, please. But, who knows? U/S doesn't always find out for you.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #9

caedmyn HB User

It's probably the ultrasound making the baby hyper. From what I've heard, most babies apparently don't like the ultrasound for some reason and try to move away from it when they're still little enough to do so.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I watched this thing on tv where they said the loudest sound to an unborn baby is the ultrasound machine. It's something about the sound waves. So most babies are vey active during it. I have had 9 ulrasounds & I have noticed my baby has never moved so much as during one. She actually kicks the thing they hold on my belly. If it gets close to the babies ears it hurts them. So the baby tries to move away from it.

Chris (28wks4days)

Old 05-21-2005, 03:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Most people love to specualte because they think you already know the sex so they're trying to find out as well. All of our friends are doing their best to try and suss out the sex of our little one. We've heard everything under the sun and they try to guess based on our reaction. Sometimes it's annoying but all part of the fun I guess.

Closed Thread