It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

hreiter HB User
choroid plexus cyst???

So I had my big ultrasound today and the only thing the found was my baby has a choroid plexus cyst... from what the doctor says it is nothing to worry about... anyone else ever had their baby have this?

Old 05-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: choroid plexus cyst???

I havent had a child with them, but I have read about it. They say they usually dissolve by the 24th week, which is when the brain really starts to work and develop. If the Dr. says its fine then try not to worry to much. Whens the next u/s to see if its dissolved? Hope all goes well and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

At my 20 week ultra sound a cyst was found on the umblical cord. It was small about 1 centimeter. I was freaked out but the doctor said it was nothing to worry about and was having no effect on the baby. I had to do another ultra sound a month later just to check on it, and it had completly dissolved. I was so releived. so from everything I have read the cysts usually pose no problems with the baby or pregnancy, and the usually dissolve on their own.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #4
(female)

hreiter HB User

I don't know if they are going to do another ultrasound because nothing else was wrong so he said usually they won't... I have a check up in a week and a half... I will have to ask then...

Old 05-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

At my 20 wk ultrasound the dr told me the same thing. There was only one and it was small. From what I was able to find out about it, if there is only one and there are no other signs of problems there is nothing to worry about. I still worry though. But if you AFP came out okay and the baby looks to be developing normally. Then the baby should be okay. These cysts can be signs of down sysdrome, but your AFP test would show it or the baby would not be growing porportionally. My AFP test came back with a 1 in 6000 for a downs baby. The dr is not in the least bit concerned and when I had my ultrasound at 37 wks he didn't even bother to look for it. Since I really couldn't find much research on this myself. I am going to wait and see.

Closed Thread