It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Has anyone had this done, or knows how it works?

I'm almost 33 weeks, and my dh and I decided a while back that this will be our last baby. We have a 2 year old dd, and then this one is a boy, and even though I am only 23, I have had a lot of problems with preeclampsia with this pregnancy, so it's in my best interest to probably be done with having babies...which again, is fine, we've already decided on that. Here's my question though, I want to get my tubes tied after the baby is born. I do NOT do well with birth control, I just can't take it. So for us, this was the better option. How exactly does it get done? I know of a lot of people that have their tubes tied right after birth, but can they do that with a vaginal birth? I have weekly dr's appts, and we are going to talk to our dr about it next week, but I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me in the meantime? I'm kind of confused!

Old 05-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: Has anyone had this done, or knows how it works?

The only time I have heard of it done at delivery was in a c section so I am not sure with a vaginal birth. I know they asked me during my 1st pregnancy if I wanted it done while they were in there, and I didn't I wanted to try again, but I will have it done this time, if all goes well with this pregnancy, but I am a bit older than you. Good luck to you, and congrats!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

if you have a vaginal birth, they will prolly wind up waiting on doing the tubes. If you have a section, they will do it while they are in there. They can't do it vaginally. good luck

Old 05-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

fillorbust HB User

In our area, if someone wants their "tubes tied" and they have a vaginal delivery, the procedure will be done sometime before they are discharged from the hospital. The procedure is performed by laparoscopy. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I would think that they would wait to do it later. But if you are going to do it, you should get your tubes cut, not tied. The know came come out. It doesn't happen alot, but it can happen. Of course the tubes can grow back together, but that is alot more unlikely than them coming untied. I only know this cause a friend had one last year and she was going to have hers tied, and they told her that was a lot more unreliable.
Good Luck!

Closed Thread