It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #1

amanda84 HB User
Very Nervous and need help

Hi, I just found out that im pregnant and im really happy....but I am also very nervous. Almost a year ago my fiance and I got pregnant. A week after I found out I lost the baby (I was 8 wks). So, now im scared that it might happen again. I cant go to the doctor because I dont have insurance and I dont know what to do. I want to make sure everything is okay before I get excited. We are getting married in July so we decided not to tell anyone til after the wedding just incase. I really am scared and we dont know what to do and I was hoping someone maybe has been there and can help me through this. I want to enjoy my pregancy and not worry...any advice would be a great help. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

syn HB User
Re: Very Nervous and need help

cant you apply for medicaid atleast? and doctors really dont want to see you until you are atleast 7 weeks..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

Dayzie HB User

Hi Very; Go to your nearest health department, they should be able to help you. You need to know if there is a problem with the baby.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

First off, congrats!!! I wish you best of luck and good health with this. Second you should go to your state for help like planned parenthood, and like said before, medicare office. Its free. Because you miscarried before they may want to see you earlier than normal. They didnt want to even check me until 12 weeks.
Goodluck
Jen

Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
(female)

TJR HB User

Congrats and good luck. Everyone is right, depending on your income, medicaid is free. If you bring proof of your pregnancy (ie a doctors letter from Planned Parenthood) they will give you medicaid right away. Have a healthy and Happy 9 months!

Old 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Yes like the others said contact your department of public welfare office and they should be able to help you regardless of income levels caz you have no insurance (depending where you live)! Also since you had a miscarriage before you are now considered high risk and they will probably want to see you before to long! Best Wishes!

Last edited by beanie_1122; 05-19-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
(female)

CCH1404 HB User

Hey Amanda,
Congrats!!! I just recently found out I was pregnant, also. This is my first pregnancy, and I am very excited and happy, but I am so scared of miscarriage. 75% of the time I am worrying, and I just want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy. If you're still worried, I would look into a Planned Parenthood in your area. They are usually very helpful. Also, look on the internet for 24h nurse hotlines where you can call them w/ questions.
Hope this helps...
Good Luck!

Old 05-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
(female)

navysab HB User

I agree with with what the other posters said, go to the nearest planned parenthood or health department. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks with my first pregnancy, so I understand your fears completely, just try to relax, remember, whatever happens is out of your control, so try to stay as stress free as possible, with my second pregnancy I had no problems at all. I would go get checked out just to put your mind at ease.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Congrats on the pregnancy and up coming wedding. You can try the health dept or something like the others posted. I know my Dr's don't see you until you are atleast 8 wks. And unfortunately there is nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage, or in most causes tell if you will have one, not with out some genetic testing anyway. All of us worry, you are not alone, you can be excited, just try not to go overboard cause it will make it harder on yourself if something did happen, which I know from past experience. How far along are you know. It is important to get medical treatment during pregnancy, you need to be taking vitamens, eating right and getting plenty of rest and don't take any over the counter or prescription drugs without approval from a Dr. Take care and good luck!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Closed Thread