It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Question Only 7 weeks....SO HUNGRY

I don't remeber feeling this way with my son...why is this happening? I'm afraid to eat more that I already am because I don't want to gain 100 pounds!!! Anyone with any insight?

Jenn

Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
(female)

ChristyDavis HB User
Re: Only 7 weeks....SO HUNGRY

Im 13wks and I'm extremley hungry also. I'm craving mostly sweets and I'm scared also. Everyone's saying you gain more with your second one. My only advice is stay away from fast-food and try walking a mile a day to help burn those extra calories.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #3

caedmyn HB User

I'm 9 1/2 weeks and have also been super hungry at times, but sometimes I'm not very hungry at all. One day I figured out how much I ate, and it was like 3600 calories (no junk food, either)! I was soooo hungry that day.

Anyhow, I just try to eat only healthy foods, and if I think I'm gaining too much weight, I'll just exercise more. So far I've only gained 1 pound, but I seem to have a super fast metabolism, too.

I'm pretty sure I read that you will go through periods when you aren't very hungry later in your pregnancy, so maybe it all evens out in the end.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Thanks for your replies...I don't eat much junk food at all...I really don't have much time to exercize though...I work a few 12 hour shifts and do alot of walking so I'm too tired when I'm done. I'm hoping my 2yr old son can keep me moving enough this summer...
It just gets annoying because sometimes I feel like I'm geting weak and I'm going to collapse if I don't eat. Actually, I almost DID pass out monday. Good thing I work in a hospital and the ER was very close by!

Jenn

Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I was like that with my first pregnancy but it leveled out later. I remember one get together we went out for at about 6 weeks...we were at a restaurant for about 5 hours...had rented a private room for all of our friends to get together and play pool. I ate 2 full meals in the time we were there. I ate healthy for the most part, unless I craved the odd french fries or something like that. I gained 30 lbs my entire pregnancy...25-35 is the recommennded weight gain so even the intense appetite didn't make my wieght gain go overboard.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

I'm a Mom of grown boys and still remember the incredible hunger during the first half of pregnancy - nothing since has even come close to that "eat something NOW!" hunger. The advice to eat healthy and keep moving is the best you can do to keep your weight down. Remember that many of the calories you take in go to the baby for nutrition and growth and don't turn into fat on you.

Enjoy! Barbara

Old 05-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
(female)

rhaufle HB User

I am so worried about the same thing! I've always been pretty thin (5'11" and around 140 lbs), so this being hungry all the time thing is different. I've never been absolutely controlled by my stomach. I know I've gained enough weight that most of my pants don't button comfortably anymore - and I'm only 10 weeks! I'm scared to death of gaining tons of weight. I'm also nauseaus half the time as well. It's really annoying! I'm trying hard not to eat junky food, which isn't so hard. The hunger doesn't care if I eat carrots or a hamburger as long as something makes into my stomach. Every hour or two (two if I just had a decent meal), my stomach tells me "Eat now or suffer dire consequences" and I find myself going through every healthy snack I brought to work "just in case." Is anyone else experiencing this total stomach domination?

Old 05-25-2005, 08:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Yeah...it's still happening this week too...maybe not as bad as last...but it still freaks me out. I have a history of anorexia, which I've done well with the past few years, but eating has never been my top priority. Now, if I don't take care of being hungry right away, I get so hungry I get dizzy and nauseated. Blech!

Jenn

Old 05-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Well, when I first got pregnant my apettite stayed the same or less due to nausea for the first five month but once 20 weeks hit BAM! It was like I had never eaten a meal in my life. I get these awful hunger pangs and my sugar drops so I start to shake and sweat. It's pretty bad. I too have a history of an Eating Disorder so it's very hard for me to accept these changes. I figure it's all for my little angel and as long as she is ok I don't care. I eat very healthy, I try to snack on fruit and veggies. My mentality is that my little one is going to get nothing but the best so what I eat she eats and if I crave something then I will have a small piece or a little bit of it. I have just gotten my energy back so I can finally work out again which for the past two weeks has been every day.
I think if your body is telling you that you need more then go ahead and eat more. Everyone is different, no pregnancy is the same. And remember these nine months you are creating a miracle and it will all be worth it in the end, after all you have your whole life to diet nine months won't make a difference!

Closed Thread