It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
banding hemorroids????

I am 7 months pregnant, so surgery right now is out of the question. But I just developed about 2 wks ago a nice hemorroid. I got them when I had my dd also, but I was able to use creams and they would shrink and be gone, well this time around I have purchased everything under the sun, over the counter and it only irritates it more. Well I went to my ob today and he said yeah that looks like it hurts, trying to be funny, and he told me about banding them. Has anyone ever had this done? I was wondering what exactly they do and does it hurt? I mean I am in pain now, how long does it take to shrink after banding? just curious on others thoughts about it. I got no sleep last night at all, and was so embarrassed to go to the docs today, but what else was I gonna do. thanks all

Old 05-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: banding hemorroids????

I thought I would respond since you have not gotten a response yet

I don't know anything about banding hemorroids, but if you are in that much pain and creams don't work, band it!! Hopefully someone else will respond with some actual info about how long it takes for the banding to work?

Good luck - I hope you find some relief soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

lol I wish I could do it myself lol, it is so embarrassing to have to sit there with your rear in the air, and let a doc that would normally not see the other area, see it. I have done some reading, and it seems to be that it won't hurt much, but I am scared. I am almost wondering if I should just wait it out and wait til I give birth, 9 wks. hmmmmm. not sure lol.

I have done reading, and for any of you out there that wants to know, just don't wanna ask lol, this is how it is supposed to work. I believe you sit on the table with your rear in the air, yeah, then they take and look inside to see what is going on, they take a instrument with a small rubber band on the end and put it around the base of the hemorroid. Within a week, the band is supposed to stop blood flow and kill the hemorroid and it and the band is supposed to just fall off, with minimal bleeding and pain ( ) and it should take about 2 wks to completly heal. They do it right in the docs office, takes a few minutes to do. I am still kinda scared though. Any thoughts on this? It sounds to me as if it kills it so it don't come back, kinda like a surgery, just less invasive, but then you don't feel the surgery lol, or sit there with your rear in the air. Oh well, I will wait a few more days and see how I feel with the prescription they gave me. I also ordered for $35 a Zenmed Ziro cream, that is supposed to be really good. It better be for that kinda money.

Hope no one else is suffering like me

Old 05-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Just a friendly warning - if you have them now, try and take as much care of them as possible. They only get worse when you're pushing baby out

Old 05-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I know lol, I had them with dd and was able to get them to shrink, and they just came back after I had her, that is why I am thinking about having the banding done, this way, that one at least won't be there anymore lol. thanks

Old 05-22-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

sweetpea333 HB User

my dad got it down he said it really hurt but the band came of in the toilet the next day.... thats all i know

Old 05-22-2005, 07:13 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

wow that is fast to come off, I keep reading at least a week lol. thanks for that info, I think I can handle a day lol, but be my luck, it will hurt like heck and it will last a week anyway. thanks

Old 05-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Sorry to be ignorant can someone please tell me how you get these things> heamorroids, l know l have been constipated and my rear end does hurt sometimes! sorry for tmi!,

Old 05-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Boo - You can get them at any time, but they tend to be common during pregnancy due to the pressure on your bottom. They usually cause bleeding during bowel movements and are sometimes painful. You would probaby be able to feel a large lump by your anus if you had them.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
(female)

sweetpea333 HB User

the band wasn't supposed to come off, but it did. it doesn't hurt the whole day just during the operation

Old 05-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

ooooooh the band came off, sorry, I thought the whole thing fell off like it is supposed to lol. sorry bout that, can't read I guess hehehe. I guess he did not have a good person do it since the band came off, it is not supposed to hmmmmm.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:29 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Lynn,

Thanks for telling me.

Closed Thread