It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 04:03 AM   #1
(female)

nita_xx HB User
Unhappy less movement

hi for the past couple of weeks i have been feeling a lot less movement,i have been a lot busier latley trying to get the nursery finished and were decorating the front room plus i've just started looking after my 3yr old nephew mon-fri,but i dont notice hardly anymore strong movements just a push here and there when does the baby run out of room,i have a very neat bump although my measurments have always been fine,i heard her heartbeat on tue and it was fine but i can't help but worry i'm on the final stretch and i'm so scared of something going wrong,i'm 31+4.thanx

Old 05-22-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Re: less movement

I had the same problem. My doctor said I should by noon feel 10 movements. If by then I haven't then I need to go lay in a dark room on my side with a cold drink either ice water or something with sugar like Apple Juice and in an hour I should feel all 10. Well, Friday I was getting all lil misses clothes washed and bags packed so I didn't really feel anything so I layed down like he said and in 20 minutes I got all counts. You won't feel as much kicking but you should still feel movement. My doctor also told me that a long movement only counts as one not more then that. If you're still concerned call your doctor. They need to know about movement now.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi Nita

I'm 31+1 and I've been experiencing exactly the same thing. I do feel the baby actually kick / punch sometimes but mostly it's pushing and sort of dragging movements across my belly. I think it's because the baby is running our of space now but I was going to ask my midwife when I see her next week. Sometimes I can see movements that I can't actually feel. I love to watch my tummy and see it rippling and bulging! LOL!

I know when I've been busy I've not noticed the movements much, but every time I get a bit worried I go and lie down quietly just like In Due Time says. Or if I'm at work just sit quietly and concentrate on what I can feel. I always feel some sort of movement quite quickly.

They do say that if you don't feel any movement in a day or very reduced movements over a couple of days you should call your doctor. It's much better to get things checked and be safe rather than sorry.

Spanish

Old 05-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

I am 20 + 4 and i was worried this early because i don't feel movements that often. This is my first preganacy and i hear how some people feel movements at 16 - 18 weeks. The baby has a strong heartbeat beacause i have a doppler heart monitor so i am hopping it's just still too soon.

I will perhaps try drinking some OJ and laying on my side for 10 minutes.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Try doing the kick count like the other posters have mentioned (drink OJ, then lie on your side and count the movements). As long as the baby is moving you are fine, even if the movements are not kicks or forceful. They go through lull periods. Also, when you are active, you are rocking your baby to sleep. If you have had an increase in activity, it is normal to have a decrease in fetal movements. You could also just not notice your baby moving as much when you are busy with other things.

Babygirl, it is still early to feel movement consistently. You can try drinking OJ and doing the kick count, but don't get too paranoid if you don't feel movements consistently.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:34 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

l have found what all yo uhave been saying to be true. I am 30 weeks and when im at work sitting , typing etc l can feell the baby move or in meetings. However, as soon as the weekend comes and im cooking, cleaning catching up with shopping theres no kicks only movement! l was really funny but its like th ebaby knows that weekends are its chill out days !lol, as long a sl feel movement and see my bump moving im ok. but it does help to lie back and relax and watch your bump to see for movements. Sometimes a little gentle push will help the baby to kick you !!There is not much empahsis on th ekick thing these days as the baby's movements vary and it can cuase the mother to worry too much. You should feel a few kicks even 3 is fine as long as its moving you are alright.

Closed Thread