It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 06:30 AM   #1

*sam* HB User
Talking what has worked for you????

Just wondering have any of you guys tried anything to naturally induce labour? More importantly has it worked??? 39 weeks and can't wait to see our baby. Been walking everyday (approx 3 miles) and baby is only 3/5ths engaged still!!! Just ate a whole pineapple - my mouth feels really sore. Have had a few twinges over last few days (more like strong period pains) but thats it. What has worked for you????

Old 05-22-2005, 06:44 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Re: what has worked for you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sam*
Just wondering have any of you guys tried anything to naturally induce labour? More importantly has it worked??? 39 weeks and can't wait to see our baby. Been walking everyday (approx 3 miles) and baby is only 3/5ths engaged still!!! Just ate a whole pineapple - my mouth feels really sore. Have had a few twinges over last few days (more like strong period pains) but thats it. What has worked for you????
Hi There, The walking you are doing is excellent. You could also try some nipple stimulation. This will induce contractions. Also, lots of sex. You could try elevating your butt up a little afterwords so as to keep the semen in your vagina and intact with your cervix longer as semen has properties within it that will help to ripen your cervix. I am sure you have heard of other woman on here that have had Prostiglandin placed by there doctors to ripen their cervix to help to prepare them for induction, the Prostiglandin has some of the same properties as semen.

Also, do a search on line as there are some naturals teas you can buy at your local grocery store that you can buy and drink that will also help with the induction of labor. They really do work as my SIL tried the tea and she went into labor the next day.

Good luck to you!
ValleyGurl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #3
(female)

sweetpea333 HB User

i had sex and it brought on labour pains right away

Old 05-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #4

*sam* HB User

I will has to grab my man as soon as he gets home from work!! Might need a bit of persuading as seems a bit freaked out lately that there is a little person in there, especially since every time we go to be the baby is jumping about like its got its own trampoline in there!! Am typing away whilst bouncing on a gym ball - i must look ridiculous!! Heard that this has a simlar affect to a bouncy car ride! Oh, the things we pregnant ladies have to go through!! Any other suggestions?

Old 05-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

My pregnancy went 10 days past due and finally my doctor stripped my membranes. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sam*
Oh my I've been wondering this too. I'm 38 weeks on Tuesday and am just so uncomfortable. Yesterday she was really low so I got excited then today she's up again HIGH! I don't have anyone to have sex with so that's not what's going to bring on my labor lol.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
(female)

tmarsh HB User

In my situation, the sex helped me to dilate. Very Quickly...At 37 weeks I was 2cm dilated and at 38 weeks I was a good 3.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

My best friend is in labor as I type and she did the walking, sex, nipple stimulation and swaying her hips back and forth for 20 mins while takin a hot shower...brought on the contractions a little at a time and now their 2 mins apart..

Old 05-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My boyfriend lives 3 hours away and sex wasn't an option for us. Neither was walking since my feet were terribly swollen. Then one week before my actual due date, I had a pedicure and ended up dialating to a 6 overnight and became 80 percent effaced. I went in to labor the next day.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #10
(female)

sunnydayz05 HB User

i've been told vigerous sex will help you dialate and bring on labor....been trying that...it's not a terrible waste of time if it doesn't work i figured i'd give it a try

Old 05-22-2005, 06:22 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I did sex, walking and nipple stimulation with my son, and it worked. With my daughter, I did all of it and nothing worked until the NP stripped my membranes. She was born less that 24 hours later. She didn't want to come down still though. She was still at a -3 station (nowhere close to engaged) when I was 8cms dilated! I had to push her all that way on my own. LOL.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM   #12
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User

I had tried the walking, sex, and nipple stimulation at 42 weeks and nothing helped! Finally, my doctor gave me a couple tablespoons of castor oil to take with a teaspoon of baking soda and orange juice. I took this at 5:00 pm and the next morning I lost the plug and and had baby at 8:00 pm! Not sure where you can get castor oil but it worked for me when I was really late!
J.

DS 1/20/04
Due 06/08/05 with baby girl

Closed Thread