It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Unhappy Scared...

I don't know why but as my "D" day arrives I'm getting more and more anxious and nervous. I know what the pain is like but I also forget. Last time I had a GREAT coach but this time I have just my Mom and she can't bare to see me in pain. I'm allowed to get the epidural whenever I want and I'm afraid that I will want it earlier then I should get it. Last time they made me wait until I was almost 7 cm. I was in hell. I did get some drug in my IV and that kind of made me rest then they gave me the epidural. I'm hoping to get to 5 cm before I ask for it. And I just feel like this baby is never going to come and the doctor said I was measuring out a week early and that the baby could be almost a 8lb baby. I'm afraid I won't be able to push her out. I'm afraid of going into labor with no one here but my six year old son. That will FREAK him out. Did anyone else feel like this?
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: Scared...

It sounds like normal worries! I have heard that it's much easier the 2nd time around. Things usually progress faster and pushing time is shorter. I only have to wonder...is there ANYONE else you can ask to coach you? If your mom is going to freak out and lose it because your in pain, she's not going to be much help to you.

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

InDueTime I feel just like you. I am only beginning my 21st week but i feel so alone. The father of the child wants nothing to do with her except financially. All i think about is when i go into labor. My mom lives an hour away and wants to be in the delivery room and i have a friend that will be there also but i live by myself and i worry about what will happen when my water breaks. Will i be able to get in touch with anyone? Will i be able to do the 15 minute drive to my friends who is on the way to the hospital. How much time from when my water breaks until i deliver? I fret about these things day in and day out.

This is my first preganacy so i don't know how much water comes out when your water breaks? And how much time do i have?

Old 05-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl224
InDueTime I feel just like you. I am only beginning my 21st week but i feel so alone. The father of the child wants nothing to do with her except financially. All i think about is when i go into labor. My mom lives an hour away and wants to be in the delivery room and i have a friend that will be there also but i live by myself and i worry about what will happen when my water breaks. Will i be able to get in touch with anyone? Will i be able to do the 15 minute drive to my friends who is on the way to the hospital. How much time from when my water breaks until i deliver? I fret about these things day in and day out.

This is my first preganacy so i don't know how much water comes out when your water breaks? And how much time do i have?
My sister's water broke and her DD didn't come for 24hrs. I just asked my Mom and she said it just all depends. The longer after your water breaks the worst the labor because you have a dry birth. If you do find yourself alone you can call 911 and they'll come get you because you DO NOT need to drive!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

you need to get to the hospital right away if your water breaks, reguardless of whether or bnot you are having contractions. There is an increased risk of infections after the water breaks. BUT...you can go into labor, and not have the water break at all until the doctor does it in the hospital.

Jenn

Closed Thread