It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

emilyallison HB User
Unhappy Help! I cant see my Dr till tomorrow!!

Im so sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I could really use your advice!
I have been constipated for the past 4 days and also having little cramping. I finally went to the bathroom today and it was a little painful, but not excrutiaitng and I didnt notice any blood (but I wasnt really looking). An hour or so later, I went pee and when I wiped I noticed a bit of red blood on the tissue. I had done a thorough wipe so Im not sure where it came from! I am going to see the Dr tomorrow (hopefully!) but in the mean time, Im going crazy!! I havent bled or anything since, but Im still terrified of losing my Baby. Im just under 20 weeks and just had my big ultrasound and everything was fine then, but Im really worried about my little boy.
Please, any help would be GREAT!!!
Take Care.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Re: Help! I cant see my Dr till tomorrow!!

Are you sure it was blood? Maybe it was just some residue from wiping from going to the bathroom earlier? I don't want to sound gross but that happened to me early on. I thought it was blood but it wasn't and i went crazy for nothing. As for the constipation, try taking colace. It helps but if i take one it doesn't do anything. i must take 2 or 3 but start with one.

Good luck and keep us informed!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #3

sadend HB User

Hey ,
are you sure the blood wasnt from your behind.You might have busted a small blood vessel pushing when you went to the bathroom earlier.
This happend to me when i was like 18 weeks.
If you are a hundred percent sure that it was from the front relax in bed and put your feet up.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

It could be hemorrhoids which bleed a little and could have been caused by your constipation. They are common in pregnancy. Is the part between your vagina and your anus a bit swollen? That would be hemorrhoids and nothing to worry about. If you only had a bit of blood on the tissue and not a lot of blood, it is probably nothing with the baby and nothing to worry about.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I wouldn't worry if it hasn't happened again. Even before I was pregnant if during a bm it was painful at all, i would notice some blood, I bet it was that. I really wouldn't worry unless you kept bleeding or something.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
(female)

emilyallison HB User

Thanks Ladies! You really helped ease my worries. Im still seeing my Dr tomorrow, but I have calmed a bit since theres been no more bleeding. Thanks goddness for you guys and this board!!

Old 05-23-2005, 01:24 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

Try eating prunes l find that they really help and drink plenty of water if you are constipated. I have experienced this but not any bleeding and was not sure what was happening. I have learned why now and believe me my prunes will be a substitue to chips!lol hope you feel better

Closed Thread