It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

sunnydayz05 HB User
pubic hair modesty

I'm Thinking this baby is going to come in the next week or so and i hadn't given my hair down there much thought untill recently. i've heard of pregnant women getting waxxed before going to the hospital,...with all the onlookers in the room that makes sence...but reallly whats the point in trying to be decent when your pushing a baby out...so what are the thoughts on to wax or not to wax before labor

Last edited by sunnydayz05; 05-22-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

fillorbust HB User
Re: pubic hair modesty

Just an honest reply from someone who is about to be there for the 4th time and a nursing student that's gone through the birth center rotation. At the moment of delivery, the way pubic hair looks is the least of concerns. Honestly, you don't even pay it much attention. I remember feeling that way the first time around, but in the end it didn't seem to matter. In our rotation, we did have someone that had shaved and that looked weird compared to someone that didn't, but the "hair" wasn't the focus. Good luck in your decision!! It's all a personal one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Do whatever makes you comfortable. I always think when I go to the DR that even if I look like someone from the Amazon down there, the drs have always seen worse! Good luck on your labor and delivery!

Old 05-23-2005, 02:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi, this is my first pregnancy and i normally prior to getting preg used removing cream, however now l try not so frequently but shave. I t is hard doing the business there! However, l will be booking my self in for a wax down there never had it before but l want to keep up. So im not sure whether to wait 2 weeks before due date due to may be some sensitivity there? any comments ladies? would be appreciated.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Like the other posters have said, no one in the room is going to care, so if it bothers you, then do it. I will say this, though, you may want to at least trim down there a litte so it is easier to keep clean during recovery. You will get a water bottle that will help a lot too.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm glad this subject has been brought up. Interesting comment above about how someone shaved and it looked odd. I'm assuming you are talking about a shave "down below" more than a shave or shaping job "up top"...right?
Gayle

Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 AM   #7
(female)

ChristyDavis HB User

hey ladies, I wouldn't recommend a wax down there before delivery-if you haven't never had one before.If you feel the need to be free of hair try shaving! You can use a hand mirror to help guide you along or depending on how comfortable you are with your partner, they can be a big help too. Recently I just taught my partner how to do it because in the coming months I won't be able to all by myself. You'd be surprised, mine did a very good job-no cuts.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I know it's already been said, but I'll say it again, no one will care what you look like down there...they have seen it sooo many times that it doesn't even matter. But I agree with jmcummins that trimming down there before delivery will make recovery easier. The less hair that is there means the less stuff that will get caught in the hair, like blood and clots...sorry if that's tmi, but it's true If you use that water bottle after delivery, which helps a lot, you're more likely to just be rinsing the hair if it's too long rather than the vaginal area, which is the real area you want to be rinsing.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

This post is so interesting to see the different opinions. This is my 4th pregnancy & still at every doctors visit I keep it trimmed & cleaned up. Although I agree with everyone else that the doctor or anyone else does not care how you look down there. I think it would look a little odd to not have NO hair at all. That would probably grab more attention. No waxing for me though just shaving & some hair remover.

Chris (29wks)

Old 05-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #10
(female)

navysab HB User

I've never waxed down there, but I do keep it trimmed, honestly thought, after going through the whole labor process, I was in so much pain, that I really didn't care how I looked down there, I just wanted it to be over with, and the doctors really could care less.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #11

pgta5 HB User

Okay..it's been 5 years since I delivered but in my birthing class they actually talked about this issue and stated that you may want to talk w/ the doctor because some may shave you! I didn't want a nurse w/ a single blade any where in that area! Plus I can't imagine it is the highlight of their job! LOL!

I agree...at least keep in trimmed, to make things easier and more hygenic after delivery.

Closed Thread