It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

Whoababy HB User
Will pregnancy do this to you?

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if being pregnant has caused me to get so sick lately. First I got a yeast infection, then a urinary tract infection - and NOW an ear infection!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all in 2 weeks) What the heck, I've never had anything wrong with me or been sick like this in my life. I have also been experiencing serious morning sickness for about a week (i'm 7 weeks). This really stinks.. when I eat, when I don't eat - my body is so confusing!!!!! Doc says I should get on another antibiotic for the ear infection but i'm still on the other antibiotic and I was wondering if I will get another yeast infection from taking so much of it. Everything hurts and I haven't been to work in two days........ I hope this get better. Take care ladies, KC

Old 05-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Will pregnancy do this to you?

Hey I struggled with a bladder infection and a yeast infection when I was pregnant as well! I think it had to do with the medication I was on because I was having pre-term labor issues. But I wouldn't put it past you, that pregnancy will in fact cause things to go "wacko" for awhile. Obviously a womens body transforms GREATLY. Hope it gets better for you. Have a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Yeast infections are common in pregnancy. I never had one until I was pregnant this last time. I had a Urinary Tract Infection, a sinus infection, an upper respiratory infection and the flu - all at the same time. I took antibiotics for the infections and then got a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis a week or so after finishing the antiobiotics. Antibiotics can cause yeast infections, moreso in pregnant women.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Yes, that's normal. I only got a cold earlier on, but my doc warned me of all the sicknesses & infections I could get easily during pregnancy. The way he explained it was your body's immune system slows down (and just about everything else too) because it's taking that energy to grow the baby...especially early in the pregnancy.
Gayle

Old 05-25-2005, 05:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I've already had a bladder infection and ear/throat infection. Usually I'm quite healthy but now the germs are coming out of the woodwork to attack me. *lol*

Old 05-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Yep very normal! You basically have no immune system while you are pregnant, that really sucks! I managed to make it to 35 weeks without a single problem then turned up with an infection, which later turned into a yeast infection, and now thrush also from takign the antibiotics! But when I went in for the original infection, he said I can't believe you made it this long!

Closed Thread