It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 04:19 AM   #1
(female)

Lynn10x05 HB User
Cool 2 questions!

1- what is the difference between braxton hicks and real contractions?

2- about a month after i have the baby im planning on starting at a gym to get back in shape,is it safe that soon? i know its kinda soon to think about that (im 21 weeks) but ive never been this big my entire life, im only 21 and am used to a size 3, im now about a size 10 and its torture i get out of breathe just showering I know im this big and will be bigger for a reason, but I do want to do the gym thing and look great after i have my little boy

thanks for any advice

Old 05-25-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
(female)

nita_xx HB User
Re: 2 questions!

as far as i know braxton hicks are'nt regular and the pain does'nt increase,i don't really think i've had any yet, i'm 32wks.i don't know about the gym,where do you live?here in england you get checked six weeks after the birth,i would put off to much exercise till then,sorry i could'nt more of a help.good look with your pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Braxton Hicks aren't nearly as strong or painful as real contractions, they'll come and go in irregular patterns, for real contractions they'll intensify and become very consistant...and your cervix should start to thin and you should begin to dialate. For exercise around my area they tell you to wait at least 6 weeks. I wouldn't get to concerned right yet about the size thing...you could be one of those people that go right back down to size! Good Luck with your pregnancy!

Old 05-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
BabyMomma26

Braxton Hix are strong and they hurt like you wont believe. They get you prepaired for labor...you will knoe the difference when you are in labor, BELIEVE ME! and as far as the gym, like everyone said, 6 weeks minimum, but if you have to, for any reason, have a c-section, you wont want to go anywhere for a loooong time!!! But pregnancy is fun, enjoy it!

Closed Thread