It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 05:22 AM   #1
(female)

Lynn10x05 HB User
Talking Stretch marks

hey i was just wondering about stretch marks, im 21 weeks and grew alot compared to what i was, i havent gotten any stretch marks, thank god! but i was just wondering who has or if anyone is using anything to prevent these horrible things, ive been using palmers, im hoping it stays working

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 06:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Re: Stretch marks

I'm 23 weeks now and haven't gotten any as of yet. I've also been using the Palmer's lotion and it keeps my skin moisturized. There's nothing out there that can prevent stretch marks. A lot of it is down to genetics (or so I've read/been told). Keeping your skin moisturized by using lotion and drinking water can help heal them but nothing can totally prevent them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I agree with tigger, it's all about genetics. Stretch marks come from when there isn't enough elasticity in your skin. Unfortunately I had none. I got stretch marks everywhere & when I 1st started to get them I put everything on them you can name on the market to get rid of them & nothing worked. If you haven't gotten any stretch marks thank your Mom for that

good luck! Chris (29wks2days)

Old 05-25-2005, 06:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I'm lucky my Mom never got stretch marks. I have them on my breasts from my first pregnancy. I was a small B before I got pregnant with my DS and went to a full D so getting stretch marks on my boobs was inevitable. I also got them on my thighs but that was from getting so small after my DS was born and then going out drinking. I couldn't believe I went through a pregnancy without getting them anywhere but my boobs and then from drinking I got them on my thighs. Oh yea I got them on my lower back right above my butt. I was a small thing before I had my DS. I'm just happy I don't have them on my stomach! I use Palmers I LOVE how it makes my skin feel.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-25-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
BabyMomma26

I got them with my kids and they are visiable now while i am pregnant, it sucks so bad and i use Palmers too, i dont have the line but i have the marks

You know, after reading a lot of posts about strech marks and the belly line, it seems to me like its one or the other, like either you get strech marks or you get the line? I dont know if im right, but thats what it kind of looks like to me

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 05-25-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
(female)

LadyoftheLake HB User

This is a subject that poses alot of theories and opinions. My mother, grandmother, aunt etc all down my mother's side of the family has no stretch marks. When I was pregnant I didn't even know about stretch marks so I didn't take any prevention. Unfortunately right around my 6-7 month I became covered in them, and it has been depressing. I think it has to be a combination of lack of water, gentics, nutrition and weight gain that causes them. My pregnancy was hard, I lost alot of weight in the beginning due to constant morning sickness and I was dehydrated alot, once the m/s stopped I began eating but the weight piled on too fast and the rest is history. I also didn't use any creams or anything during my pregnancy. I did find out just recently that my father has stretch marks, so I would think that it could be from either side of the family, so if your mother doesn't have them, make sure your father doesn't either. Since my pregnancy almost three years ago, I have been doing alot of experimentation on them, using expensive creams, using homemade creams, trying to drink more water and eat properly, I even have done research on the different types of lasers they use to help reduce them, though I haven't got that extreme yet. I can't say that I've seen improvement, I'm sure there has been, I mean they aren't bright red anymore, but it is discouraging to know I have alot of them everywhere and I really can't keep up with them so I'm never really sure if they are improving or not. My theory is that there has to be a cure for everything somewhere so I'll just keep on trying until I find something that works.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
(female)

ChristyDavis HB User

I agree with everyone else that it is genetic. I've also read that in "Great Expectations" by Sandy&Marcie Jones ( great book!). On pg 120 it states "Stretch marks are caused by broken collagen fibers under the skin's surface, where no lotion can reach. The strength of your skin's collagen is genetic." People say to use cocoa butter(palmers) to help prevent them, all cocoa butter does is speed up the process on fading.

Last edited by ChristyDavis; 05-25-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Closed Thread