It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
(female)

Newfiegirl05 HB User
Unhappy somebody tell me something???????

I can't take the m/s all day long any longer, I have two children that I can't even care for any more, I have a husband that im not a wife to any more, Im getting depressed more and more every day. I don't even like the baby now, how am I suppose to carry on feeling this way, I have a doctors apt . tomorow.

I know I sound mean but what am I suppose to do?

Somebody tell me something please!!!!!!!

-tamara

Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Re: somebody tell me something???????

Hi Tamara

I'm so sorry that you're still feeling so unwell. Believe me I know exactly where you're coming from. I was told I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum a while back which is extreme sickness, nausea and dehydration. Have you spoken to your doctor about the possibility that you may have that? If you're dehydrated right now your sickness is going to be a lot worse. You may want to speak to your doctor about getting some fluids by IV. They can put vitamins and minerals into the fluid and trust me you would feel so much better. Are you on anti-sickness tablets? You might want to ask your doc about that as well. I've been on Cyclizine for a while and it helps a bit.

Depression is a side effect of horrid sickness. I've been battling that off and on along with all of the vomiting and nausea. Counselling is often offered to women who suffer from HG.

Please don't beat yourself up over being ill. You can't help what you're going through. My husband has been my caretaker for months now and at times I feel incredibly guilty. He's been great though and always reminds me that I'm doing the greatest thing for him..carrying his child. It's very easy to feel resentful towards the pregnancy when you feel so horrible. There were times in the hospital when I was in so much pain from vomiting that I wished I wasn't pregnant and I resented the fact that I was. In the morning though after the IV treatment when I felt better I was thankful again for my baby. All of this is normal! Don't add to your stress by beating yourself up.

Ask your doctor about HG and getting some help (IV, tablets, etc) tomorrow. I really feel for you and my heart goes out to you. Please keep in touch and hang in there.

(((BIG HUGS)))

Nicole xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

You sound exactly the way I felt. I have noticed that you have posted before about this and seem to be getting more down and out. That is the way I was. I was just wishing some one out there had an answer, a solution, something. Some things you can try if you haven't already, Ask your dr about Zofran, drink plain vinegar ( one of the other posters, swore it worked), ice pops or italian ices, anything really cold and eat it slow, ginger ale and saletines, keep food in your stomach at all times, never let it start to even get emtpy and peppermint tea. Just some ideas, some worked for me, others didn't. Everyone is different. For me, peppermint tea, Zofran, always eating and ice pops worked. I can't say I ever felt great doing all that but at least it helped me stay slightly okay. There were times I just sat on the bathroom and made friends with the toilet. I wanted to just cry my eyes out and was too sick to even do it. My DH would have to even give me a bath and dress me when I got to weak to do it myself. That was another thing. I found I could always relax best in the tub. So the DH would run it for me and light candles and let me lay there. Once I relaxed enough he would get me food or something to drink. Sometimes I would be in there for hours. May be there is something here you can try that you haven't tried yet.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I too am sorry to hear you are going through this. I had awful m/s from 7-14 weeks, and now I am 33 weeks and look back on it and think "how ever did I get through that"? Make sure you talk to your dr about it, they will have ways of helping you through this. Obviously, there is nothing that is going to take it away completely, but there are things that will ease it for you. My dr told me that even if I can only get 1 saltine cracker down, then that was fine. Just as long as I always kept something in my stomach, but as you know, that is not easy at all. I really had to force myself to eat and drink. I have a 2 year old, and when I was going through all of this, I felt like I was being such an awful mommy to her because I couldn't play with her or do things with her. Thank goodness for my dh who took such good care of her and I. Again, talk to your dr, I am sure you'll feel better once you do. And just keep trying different things, you never know, you may find one that helps you out some. And feeling depressed and not liking your baby for this is normal. But as time goes on, you'll hopefully start to feel better, and not resent the baby so much for this. You'll feel those kicks, and it will be worth it!!! Take care! Thinking of you!

Old 05-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

You didn't say how far along you are...are you still in the timeframe where m/s is quite normal and expected....or are you past that now?

I can understand your feelings of depression and not liking the baby. I went through a depression. I just stayed in my bedroom all the time. Only times I'd get up were to eat and go to the bathroom. I was even thinking of ways I could bring on a miscarriage just so it would all end.

I told my doc exactly how I was feeling. I talked with my friends about how much I hate this, etc. Talking about it as much as possible to anyone who would listen made me feel a lot better. Surprising how many other people can relate, once you tell them truly how you're feeling.

For me, after the majority of the m/s went away, I started feeling a lot better mentally. I'd say I'm pretty normal now...but definitely still hate being pregnant. I just want the baby here so I can have my body back and get on with it.

Keep coming to this forum for support. Lord knows you're not the first or the last to not be enjoying the pregnancy!!!
Gayle

Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Ask your DR about some anti-nausea medication. You really need it and you and your baby would benefit from it. As for your husband and kids, I know it sucks but you know and they know it is only temporary! Try to hang in there and get some meds for it. Good Luck.

Closed Thread