It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

lizardlucas HB User
pregnancy after tummytuck

My wife and I are thinking about trying to get pregnant again after 10 years. The problem is that she had a tummytuck done in 2002 and we werent sure if she could carry a baby now. We heard that since the stomach mucles have been sewn up tight that there wont be room for a baby to grow. So we were wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if so your experience and what does the stomach look like after. We woiuld appreciate any information anyone might have on the subject.
Thank you.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
(female)

angelbc HB User
Re: pregnancy after tummytuck

Hey I don't have much info but I just saw on our local news here the other day that some married woman was able to get pregnant and she also had a tunny tuck a few years ago. They called it a miracle so not sure how difficult it is. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I also saw on one of those plastic surgery shows just the other night that the doctor was saying if a woman is planning on having a tummy tuck she should make sure she did not want any children cause the muscles would be so tight that there would be no room for the baby to grow. You should have your wife check with her doctor 1st to make sure it is safe before trying.

Good Luck!
Chris(29ks2days)

Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
(female)

Liane1373 HB User

I am 12 weeks pregnant and just had a tummy tuck in February (pregnancy was not planned...we thought we were finished having children...surprise!) and although it is not recommended to get pregnant after having one, it is safe for the baby and you. The only downfall can be that you will have to have the surgery touched up after the pregnancy to acheive the same look and so far the stretching of my skin has been uncomfortable.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User

I belong to another plastic surgery forum ( unfortunately it changed so it won't really be too much of a help) but there was a lady on there who had a tummy tuck and I think was 7 months pp before getting pregnant. She had progression pics and the only problem was that her scar stretched and was much bigger than the usual tt scar which are mostly thin. She has no problem with the pregnancy or delivery, though I think if I'm not mistaken her scar was not even after the c-section but she healed and everything turned out great. The best thing would for her to consult her plastic surgeon about the pregnancy and her current doctor who is taking care of her.

Closed Thread