It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
days i detest being pregnant...

today is one of those days. i'm 15 weeks now...and still have these days--though they are rare. today is the 4th time throughout my entire pregnancy that i have gotten sick. it sucks!!! it's funny because i'm always sick when my husband is not around...today i was gagging so hard i thought iwas going to pass out! what's worst, i was sitting at my desk and vomitting into a newspaper bag (the skinny ones so your newspaper doesn't get wet). *ugh* another funny thing, i woke up this morning not feeling so hot but thought nothing of it...*sigh* i don't mind being pg...i just mind when i get sick..

sorry ladies...just needed tovent *sigh*

Old 05-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: days i detest being pregnant...

Hope you are feeling better!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

As I told my Doctor, I've never in my life become so used to vomiting. Honestly, by week 16 it was almost normal. No no don't mistake that as happiness. I was miserable, BUT it wasn't as traumatic as it was the first week. Lucky me it stopped the 16th week though and I've been gag free since. Mine was actually more gagging than nausea. Just a sudden urge to retch. The worst part in the beginning is that you don't look pregnant, so I would get a bit embarrassed.

I relied on jolly ranchers, breath mints and seltzer water wherever I went. If I felt the urge to be sick, I would pop a mint in my mouth. It helped a lot, not all the time of course. I would even pack a plastic bag with me if I knew I would be out in public away from restrooms.

It does get better though. I hope you're feeling better now.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I am 38 weeks and there are still days I tell my DH I never, ever want to be pg again. I tell him, no matter what, never let me do it agian. And then since this is a boy, he mentions that he does want to try and give me a girl. And I may be stupid enough to try it again. So is pregnancy . . .

Old 05-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
(female)

amandamcn HB User

Girl, I know exactly how you feel! For about a week and a half straight, I was vomitting three times a day, sometimes more. I have actually lost 15 lbs during my pregnancy causing my OB to put me on Metoclopramide, which is basically to stop nausea...since being on it I only throw up about three times a week now. don't be afraid to ask your OB about giving you something, they are there to help make your pregnancy safe, fun, and most importantly, comfy.

Good luck!
Amanda

Old 05-26-2005, 01:27 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

*sigh* thanks guys...i do feel better. i think the absolute worst part is after feeling sick--say in the morning, the rest of the day is spent worrying about when or if you might puke next! i hope it ends soon...14 weeks...and counting

Old 05-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I don't have nausea but have had horrible heartburn, sciatica, and insomnia. My husband and I are pretty convinced that we only want one child because we are older and have some financial cconcerns. Sometimes though, I think he wants more than one. He somehow seems to bring this up when I am feeling my worst. He thinks it is funny to say "Hey, you only have to do this one more time!" as I cry myself to sleep or race to get the TUMS.

I had to tell him that this is not funny. He didn't get it that there are days when I just DO NOT want this thing inside of me anymore. He gets it now. Especially after I said we would never have sex again if he kept at it.

-Jen

Old 05-26-2005, 09:21 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I have spent nearly everyday of my pregnancy (getting closer to 6 mths..*WOO*) throwing up. I've been prescribed 2 different anti nausea meds. I think my body gets used to them. I still haven't gained weight but baby has. (thankfully). I spend everyday detesting pregnancy. I am ready for the happy glowing feeling I am "SUPPOSED" to have.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm not having a wonderful pregnancy either. I'm 36 years old. This is our first kid...and probably the last. My husband would like 2. I honestly don't want to go through this again. I think I had just a couple weeks in there where I felt normal (between weeks 16 and 18). I'm at week 25 and seriously want to be done. I want the baby out of me so I can get on with it.
Gayle

Closed Thread