It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

percan HB User
Question about preg and breasts

Hi,

I wonder if someone could answer this question. I have never been pregnant, but my sister is and she is concerned whether everything is really okay because her breasts have not enlarged. She has heard that that is the first symptom, tender and enlarged breasts. She is about 17 weeks now, but they are no bigger (she is very small-chested to begin with) and is just concerned that something may be wrong because this hasn't happened. Do some women just get tender breasts without getting any bigger?

Thanks,
Percan

Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Question about preg and breasts

THey may have just not gotten bigger yet. Mine grew alot at first, then just quit, then they actually got smaller a while back! I didnt; mind that! The reason they get bigger, or at least the main reason is the milk, and she is early for that. So, tell her to just give it a while. As long as she is gaining weight, she should be fine!
Good luck to her!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 07:27 AM   #3

caedmyn HB User

I've worried about that too, but apparently it doesn't happen right away to everybody. I'm also very small-chested, and 10 1/2 weeks pregnant, and mine haven't gotten any bigger (maybe very slightly, but that might be wishful thinking!). I asked my mom when hers got bigger during her pregnancies (she's also very small-chested), and she said maybe a little bit at the beginning but not noticeably until towards the end. So I think this is normal at least for my family, and maybe small-chested women in general don't get bigger as soon as other women.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
(female)

really scared HB User

with my first child i fit my bras better until i gave birth and with my second child ii was almost a c cup once pregnancy was confirmed and with this one i just fill my bra better and im only 29 weeks 1 day. so let her know its nothing to worry about.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I wore a 34A before pregnancy. At 24 weeks I'm a 36C and still growing. I've got a good friend who is pregnant & only 2 weeks behind me. Her chest hasn't changed a bit.

Couple of the big things I learned early on in my pregnancy:
1. Just because something is listed as a common symptom of pregnancy doesn't mean you will have that symptom.

2. Don't be surprised if you get symptoms that aren't even listed in the common books.

3. Get used to the phrase, "every pregnancy is different". Such a true statement.

Gayle

Closed Thread